whatever
    Nov 2005

New question here. 2005 Reign question

Ok so I have a Reign that I have ridden the crap out of for the past two and a half years or so. I love the handling and overall feel of the bike, but unfortunately I neglected to maintain a pivot on the swingarm and it has ovalized. How much would it cost to replace the swingarm? Would it be worth it considering other parts of the bike require some maintience?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    call Giant and warranty your frame.

whatever
    Nov 2005
    yea that was my first reaction too, but they said it would not be covered under warranty

now a SSchwinger
    Oct 2005
    One of the upper swingarm bearings exploded (imploded?) on my '05 Reign 2, after a hard year of riding (neglecting). My LBS got me a Reign 1 swingarm as a warranty replacement; but it still had those same crappy bearings - have since been replaced w/EnduroForkSeals bearings, and relubed often.

mtbr member
    Your LBS Giant dealer should be able replace the rear frame no probs...if not, then take it to another shop and simply state that the bearing housing had ovalised. Smart move replacing the stock versions too. Good to always check them after some serious riding if only to tighten and remove any excess muck off them, make sure all is well with the world.