Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2005 Reign - F.derailleur rubbing rear triangle

725 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  swoodbrn 
#1 ·
Anyone else with a Reign had this problem? Seems like, in order for the front derailleur to not rub the chain when it's on the granny ring, it has to be so close in that it rubs the support strut that goes between the chain stay and seat stay. How can I solve this? If I moved the derailleur down the seat tube, it would probably help, but then it wouldn't clear the big ring. Just got this bike and don't want to find out 200 miles down the road that I've worn the strut to paper thin.

Thoughts?

#5 ·
But, can you see what I'm referring to? There's just very little clearance b/t the screw holding the derailleur guide together and the strut, especially if you don't want the chain to rub the inside of guide at all while it's in gear. Guess it hasn't really been a problem for anyone, as I seem to be the only who reported it in this forum (and there's no shortage of Reign issues reported - linkage, bushings/bearings, weight, cable routing, etc.) It seems unlikely that my frame has its strut in a different position than any other Reign frame - I don't think they're handmade or anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.