mtbr member

2005 NRS c1 shock bushings

I done some trading around with a buddy and I now have a NRS composite frame. The aluminum bushings between the rocker arm and top shock mount ( Fox Float R) is worn. Is this an item I need to get through Fox or Giant or some other part place?
    Comas aren't as fun as riding your bike, so wear a Helmet.

mtbr member
    Call fox. The number is on their website. You can order new top and bottom spacers (what you are looking for), but also order new DU bushings. The DU bushings are actually pressed into the shock itself and the teflon is likely toast. The spacers top and bottom with new DU bushings should all be less than $20. I would also suggest picking up a Air Sleeve kit for the Float R. No tools are needed to install the Air Sleeve kit, but they are supposed to be replaced every year. Great Youtube videos on how to replace it too. I just did all of this recently on my 2005 C2. Suspension is much smoother now.

mtbr member
    Thanks. I called a suspension shop Monday and they informed me to check the DU bushing for wear. I did and the bushing was missing it's Teflon.
    Comas aren't as fun as riding your bike, so wear a Helmet.

bi-winning
    Though Giant may have them on hand, the reducers and DU bushings are available from Fox.

I find the top DU bushing wears pretty quick on the NRS, probably due in part to the large space between the rockers.

Enjoy your new frame.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club