Crazy Canuck

2002 NRS-1 rear hub

The NRS is a killer bike, I love mine, but now I hate the wheelset. My rear disc hub has bit the big one, and I can't find a replacement because it is a 24-hole hub, with of course a 24 hole UST rim as well.

I've been all over the net looking for a replacement, even had the Giant dealer where I bought the bike try to find one with no luck. Anyone got a suggestion of how I can get this replaced?

The Top Cap Guy
    What you have there is a Formula hub made for Giant. I had a 2001 myself. You should still be able to get a freehub for it if that is what died. If you are looking for a replacement hub - look at what the 2002 NRS 1 had on it... Shimano XT disc hubs in 24 hole!!!! I've never seen them aftermarket but they have to exsist! They came on all the 2002 NRS 1 bikes. Think maybe Giant wondered them selves about your hub (to have change it out for the next year)?

I believe either Chris King or Paul Components will custom drill their disc hubs for you. May want to check on that?

Hope this helps.
    FF
    "If I'm leading, I'm bleeding."

I love Pisgah
    See my long detailed answer at the Wheels forum.

Crazy Canuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddy
    What you have there is a Formula hub made for Giant. I had a 2001 myself. You should still be able to get a freehub for it if that is what died. If you are looking for a replacement hub - look at what the 2002 NRS 1 had on it... Shimano XT disc hubs in 24 hole!!!! I've never seen them aftermarket but they have to exsist! They came on all the 2002 NRS 1 bikes. Think maybe Giant wondered them selves about your hub (to have change it out for the next year)?

I believe either Chris King or Paul Components will custom drill their disc hubs for you. May want to check on that?

Hope this helps.
    FF
    I already broke down and got a new wheelset CrossMax SL ust disc. so now I just want to fix my old ones for a backup or to sell pretty cheap. King hubs would definately NOT be a cheap fix as nice as they are lol