TJK
    MTB Noob Adrenaline Lover
    Sep 2012

2.5 Front Tire on 2011 Trance X2?

Hey everyone I just ordered a 26x2.5 Minion front tire for my bike. Without even thinking if it might have issues fitting. Has anyone run this or something similar? Do you all think it will fit? Thanks I appreciate it.
    -TJ

kneecap
    Dec 2003
    Don't maxis tires usually run a little small anyhow? I run a 2.35X26 excavator on the front of mine, & its an actual 2.45, no issues for me.......

Slower But Faster
    2.5 Minions are more like a 2.35 from some manufacturers. You'll be fine.

TJK
    MTB Noob Adrenaline Lover
    Sep 2012
    Sweet, thanks guys!
    -TJ

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Like others said...shouldnt have any issues up front...its the rear that you could run into problems. Ive always run 2.35 up front and plenty of clearance...and i wouldnt hesitate to try a 2.5 minion if i ever felt the need for that particular tire.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Not to mention that wheel clearance on the front of a bike has nothing to do with the bike itself and everything to do with the *fork* that's on the bike.

Unless the bike is a rigid.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    The only thing I would caution you about is that the stock wheelset has a pretty narrow rim. This will cause the tire to flop and wiggle when you are cornering hard. I run Kenda 2.35 which is about the same size as the Maxxis 2.5 and love the added traction of a larger tire, but I do have to be careful because I have actually gone so far as to pop the bead off the rim. This was my rear, but it is still something you should be aware of.