mtbr member
    Jul 2008

'14 Anthem Adv downtube protector falls off

Ok so the plastic downtube protector is attached with a thin film of doublestick tape. It's fallen off 2-3 times in the 2 weeks I've had the bike - not while riding oddly enough, but while just sitting in the garage. The tape isn't dirty and it's not temperature related but it'll fall off in a day or two after putting it back on. Options: better grade double stick tape? Hot glue gun? Don't want to leave it off as some of the areas I ride get a little rocky.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013

'14 Anthem Adv downtube protector falls off

Quote Originally Posted by Wogster View Post
    Ok so the plastic downtube protector is attached with a thin film of doublestick tape. It's fallen off 2-3 times in the 2 weeks I've had the bike - not while riding oddly enough, but while just sitting in the garage. The tape isn't dirty and it's not temperature related but it'll fall off in a day or two after putting it back on. Options: better grade double stick tape? Hot glue gun? Don't want to leave it off as some of the areas I ride get a little rocky.
    Same issue here. I haven't even ridden the bike yet and it's starting to come unglued. Let me know how you resolved it. I may just buy some stronger double stick tape.

Your Best Friend
    Pull it, clean off the area and either replace it with a lizard skinz downtube protector or something similar to helicopter tape. Problem solved.

It's about showing up.
    That's about as lame as the failed web roll-out; a cool idea that fails not in its function but simple mechanics. I'm going to buy an Anthem 1. What about the adhesive? Is it on the tube or the guard.
    I don't rattle.