mtbr member

115mm reba on an XTC????

I have an opertunity to buy a reaba race for CHEEEP. Its brand new neaver been used. I know its kind of long for an XTC but has any one put a 100mm fork on one?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by en are es
    It will screw with your geometry a lot, but otherwise I see no problem with doing that...

thats what i figured. I love the way the bike handels but i hate the fork thats on it. Sux i can get the fork for $80

MBAA!
    It will screw with your geometry a lot, but otherwise I see no problem with doing that...
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

MBAA!
    Buy it and sell it for higher, I say...
    One of my friends recently died of a coke overdose and it really got me thinking, "damn, maybe I should start drinking pepsi"

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i believe you can easily change the travel down to 100mm (or even 85mm) by changing the internal spacer. they are all made to have potential of 115mm travel, but spacers can make them 100 or 85 instead. if it's a brand new fork in the box, it should include the spacer. and if it's from your LBS, discuss with them this option.

maybe research the SRAM/RockShox website and try and find a downloadable manual to check it out.

i have a REBA on an XTC and NRS. one of them is a U-turn version, so has dial-in travel adjustment. i have used both bikes with travel at 85 and 100mm, and find this perfectly good. but 115mm is not to my preference, altering the nimbleness and posture on the bike.

[size=1]
    - Giant NRS Composite - Giant XTC2 - Giant TCRCzero - Giant OCR1 -
    [/size]
    [size=1]- nothing stock here - move right along now -
    - Geelong area, Australia -
    [/size]

MTB B'dos
    Well as far as I know the XTC is specd for an 80mm fork so going to 100mm shouldn't mess things too bad but will slacken the steering. Going to 115mm might be a tad much. Chainging the spacers internally on the REBAs is dead simple and the service manual explain it very well.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Thanks guys I got the fork and put the spacers in it to bring it down to 85mm. And mounted it up. I love the fork way better then the duke XC.

MTB B'dos
    Quote Originally Posted by pulser
    Thanks guys I got the fork and put the spacers in it to bring it down to 85mm. And mounted it up. I love the fork way better then the duke XC.
    No comparison what so ever there I had a DUKE XC come on my T3 and although compared the POS "oniger boinger" I had on my first Diamonback felt like an upgrade to a POrsche from a Gremiln. When I got the REBA it was about the same feeling as going from the "oinger boinger" to the Duke. No real useful settings on the Duke, especially if you like to hammer or have some real control over how your fork rides.

Glad things worked out easy, and you don't need the special pliers just use some small bird beak/needle nose pliers.
    Last edited by LyNx; 01-15-2006 at 05:41 AM.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics