Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

11' Trance X - chain guide low or high mount seat tube mount?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  parkp81 
#1 ·
Looking into possibly going to 32T 1x10, but was looking at some chain retention guides, and see that there are 2. My bottom bracket is Press Fit , so I am looking at the seat tube mount types. I am thinking I need a low mount correct?

e.thirteen XCX-ST Chain Retention:

wiggle.com | e.thirteen XCX-ST Chain Retention XC Guide | Chain Guides & Bash Guards

While I have you here, do you know if I need to get new chain ring bolts? going from 3x10 to 1x10? If I do which ones are the correct size that I will need to properly secure the new chain ring.

:thumbsup:

#2 ·
I currently run this setup low mount on the very same bike, low mount comes with a rotational "shim" which allows you to move the entire mount in and out from seat tube. Renthal ring (34T) on SLX cranks. You may need single ring bolts I can't remember.

It transforms ride. I can check tonight after I ride what specific things were required, if I think of it I'll snap a pic if you'd like. Good luck, and great choice in bikes :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.