mtbr member
    Jan 2012

'11 Reign X1. Air shock/fork for xc riding?

Finally have enough posts to post this... Just kind of an introduction, just joined. Name's Eli, i'm a student in Colorado Springs and i've never really ridden regularly, but i used to in high school and i miss it.

Anyways, just picked up a 2011 reign x1 last weekend and so far i love it. I've been out of a bike for several years and before i rode an '06 Yukon with mechanical disc brakes and suntour forks, so it's a bit of a leap. I didn't know about the lower link issue but i have the updated link and i figure eventually it'll be actually sorted out by giant, should last until then.

At any rate i actually rode it for the first time in Palmer Park here in the springs this afternoon, and I couldn't be more pleased. Very smooth rolling over everything, i can climb better than i could on my yukon (me or the bike, who knows?). And when i come up to something i'm not confident on yet i can just roll down it slowly. The only thing i'd like to change is throw an adjustable seat post on it, i've heard great things about them. Eventually i may put some nicer brakes on (codes maybe?) but it's a lot nicer than anything i've ever really ridden. The coil shock is great, although i do like having a lockout... Will post pics after i have 10 posts...
    Last edited by paradox11235; 01-22-2012 at 09:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Another thing, i find the Fi'zi:k Nisene saddle very uncomfortable, kind of wish i had asked the bike shop if they could give me something more comfy with the bike. Maybe it's just that i don't really have natural padding... Maybe i should get some padded shorts... I've also toyed with the idea of getting a fox dhx air for lighter riding, and maybe a talas for the adjustable travel. The coil feels nice, but i've never ridden anything else with decent suspension so i don't have much to compare it to. Thoughts?
    Last edited by paradox11235; 01-22-2012 at 09:55 PM.