mtbr member
    Feb 2004

100 mm fork on NRS?

Yeah wondering what you guys thought of putting a Marzzochi Marathon XC on my NRS. The bike is meant to be used with an 80 mm fork but with the eta, and travel adjustment it seems like you could keep it at 35 mm for climbing then jack it up on the descents. Would the extra travel really make the steering that sloppy? Ive heard of durability issues on the marathon race. Or how bout an MX Pro w/ eta and shortening it to 80mm, or a Reba though i would like to keep the hydrolic dampening and the smoothness of spring in the marathon xc. That fork just seems *****ing. I dont really want a sid or black or skareb, i want something beefier, what do you guys think?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I ran a 100 mm travel 2002 Atom Race on my '04 NRS without any problems. If you don't race XC, the slacker head angle, higher BB and bar height is OK. 20mm is not that much difference.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    100mm travel is fine, and what many NRS owners do apparently. i run a REBA U-turn (adjustable) set to 100mm. i like this. i dont' race, but do recreational XC, and i find it a great compromise.

i like the REBA fork, having one on both my MTBs. it's pretty light, lots of adjustments and easy to setup (didn't take me heaps and heaps of alterations to get the settings right), strong/rigid, and good value.

i've never ridden a marzzochi so can't compare.

[size=1]
    - Giant NRS Composite - Giant XTC2 - Giant TCRCzero - Giant OCR1 -
    [/size]
    [size=1]- nothing stock here - move right along now -
    - Geelong area, Australia -
    [/size]

mtbr member
    i race, and run a 100mm Fox F100X. It's great.

Trail Sanitizer
    I race my NRS and I have a 100mm Marathon XC calling my name waiting for me to install it. I also have the SGF rocker in the rear. I plan to use the ETA when racing.

In exile
    I raced an 02 NRS with a 100mm Marathon. It was good. I don't race a Reign now, so I like more travel.

mtbr member

120mm Zoch MX w/ETA

actually i'm running a 120mm Zoch MX w/ ETA and a set of SGF Rockers, and it works perfectly fine, still climbs like a goat!