Thread: '09 Glory 0

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

'09 Glory 0

Has anyone seen it yet? Can someone post pic of it please?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Well I just ordered one sight unseen. Wish me luck.

mtbr member

I've got an 08

Love it!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I would really love to see what it looks like

mtbr member

The 08?

You can see it on Giants website
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    They didnt change it for '09?

mtbr member
    This was from a UK Site: Dirt MTB Magazine for the production 09 Dh so I assume the Glory will look some thing similar especially the rear triangle, which I mentioned earlier this year on the other thread somewhere.
    This is definitely MUCH lighter and I dare say more so than the competitions models for 09.

The BOS shock Fr and Rr will not be an option in the states though and even if it were it would drive the price up by virtical margin. But I do love those BOS shock designs, very swish but I have not ridden them enough yet to even give a good description other than to say they are very plush and linear. But...how they are on the new bikes...? Its not an option.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]That’s pretty cool and those BOS shocks show they are really trying to be the best for DH…
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Yeah I wish they were an option with the top shelf rig...but its not though, at least not in the countries I am aware if anyway. But yes, they are some seriously sweet shocks and far beyond many companies out there with their aesthetics and some of theiri deas.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Looking for this maybe: (Russian model. Probably the same...)
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

beer is too easy to drink
    Sep 2007
    That makes me wish i had waited one more year for a glory DH.
    six pack cooler coming soon!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    looks like the same. Although I do like those graphics better then the american ones

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Looks like a Sunday frame, People should not buy giant they are just ripping of the DW link w/o paying royalties to the designer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supercub
    Looks like a Sunday frame, People should not buy giant they are just ripping of the DW link w/o paying royalties to the designer.
    [SIZE=2]WTF, for years only a few people have mentioned that, Giant shows one prototype and everyone is going on about it, I hope you feel the same about Trek and Specialized as they have both also obtained suspension systems under suspicious circumstances.
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    This just proves that you know nothing about a subject that you are invariably unknowing about... You should write or ring the Giant management and tell them directly and not cowardly display your childish disinformation on a public board supercab, especially when you are new here.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    post count means nothing.

Intellectual property carries alot of weight in my field it is obvious that the 09 design is heavily influenced by the Sunday frame. After reading the DW patent it is clear that the Giant is not a ground breaking new design and they have no respect for the instruments to protect designers from attorneys and deeper pockets. I feel strongly about not buying products from the big box company's. The innovation gets suppressed by the shareholders dividends.

mtbr member
    Who ever mentioned post count...>?

Intellectual property means everything in my field...we get scrambled by other larger companies on a monthly basis who have legal teams just SEARCHING for designs that have not been registered and then begin to register them for their company with little to no change other than a name.

So dont preach to me your naive little prattlings such as these
    The innovation gets suppressed by the shareholders dividends.
    And yes...I agree with you that post count means nothing...but then again, I never thought that it did?! Did you...? If not, why mention it!

EDIT:

Also just to push that point further, Giant was one of the first companies to use many of the visual cues that you see in the Proto above and have been used throughout Giants design theme history and it is actually the Iron Horse that looks like the Giant, especially when you start talking about visual cues such as the angled down tube or the seat tube area which Giant has used on MANY of their bikes histories past such as the NRS, the older DH etc etc...which predates the Iron Horse design cues by quite a bit. Even now there are many companies that copy Giant on many areas and they ARE a market leader...and for good reason!
    Last edited by Sim2u; 08-16-2008 at 08:30 PM.

My leg feels funny
    Maybe its because Maestro will beat dw-link up

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...&word2=dw+link

Seriously though just because the linkage looks similar doesn't mean anything. Its all about the leverage ratio's and math that I cant possibly comprehend. I have not doubt that if Giant was ripping of DW's Imaginary Property that DW would make a case for it or work out a licensing deal with Giant (and BMC for that matter).

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    post count means nothing.

Intellectual property carries alot of weight in my field it is obvious that the 09 design is heavily influenced by the Sunday frame. After reading the DW patent it is clear that the Giant is not a ground breaking new design and they have no respect for the instruments to protect designers from attorneys and deeper pockets. I feel strongly about not buying products from the big box company's. The innovation gets suppressed by the shareholders dividends.
    Since you're so intellectual, you must know that all of the virtual pivot designs and parrallel linkage designs, like Maestro and the DW-link, have been used in things such as automobiles and snowmobiles for years. DW basically worked around the Horst link by shortening the chainstays. Very few designs are original, if any. It's a business. If you don't like it, that's fine. Don't buy a Giant. Or a DW-link, because they weren't original, either.

mtbr member
    Well spoken...typed.

Quote Originally Posted by liqwid
    Maybe its because Maestro will beat dw-link up

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php...&word2=dw+link

Seriously though just because the linkage looks similar doesn't mean anything. Its all about the leverage ratio's and math that I cant possibly comprehend. I have not doubt that if Giant was ripping of DW's Imaginary Property that DW would make a case for it or work out a licensing deal with Giant (and BMC for that matter).

mtbr member
    I really am not too keen on that paint job. I really much prefer the anodized / bead blasted version and loved it if they took that concept further as a kind of new era theme for the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    Looking for this maybe: (Russian model. Probably the same...)

mtbr member
    The 09 Catalogs are out so I believe posting this pic is legal!
    "Never mistake motion for action."

"If I can bicycle, I bicycle."

mtbr member
    May 2008
    the above bike is different than the shop demo pit pics.

mtbr member
    Which one...there are 2 above bikes...? And different in what way...

mtbr member
    The blue one is the Glory DH and the one above it is the Glory 0
    "Never mistake motion for action."

"If I can bicycle, I bicycle."