mtbr member
    Feb 2009

08 Giant Trance 2 for first time FS buyer

I have been out of the mountain bike game for a while, but I want to get back in. I plan on riding trails, not so much drops, and I probably dont be able to stop myself from hitting jumps and stuff. This bike caught my eye because of the price.

http://wheelworld.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=4705#reviews

I am having a hard time finding information on this particular Trance because all I see are the more expensive higher end Trance's. So my question is, why is this particular one so cheap? It has the Maestro suspension and nice components. I guess it's because of the cheaper forks and rear shock? I notice the higher end Trance's come with a Fox rear shock while this one comes with a Giant shock, so is the Giant shock not that good? If later on i wanted to upgrade the forks and rear shock to give me more travel and higher end would it make this bike equivalant to the $2000+ Trance's I see elsewhere? Or is this particular bike limited and just a cheap alternative?

Gig'em Aggies!
    I can't answer your questions but here is another great price that is worth looking at:

2008 Trance X2

wait...what?
    I bought a 2008 trance 2, lowered the price down to $800...Nice for small jumps and drops, makes a nice trail bike...even some all mountain...It came with a crappy marzocchi fork, so I just bought a pike on ebay...I plan on upgrading my rear shock, too...

actually, since everyone seems to be short on money, I'm gonna wait 'till it breaks...Im pretty light, anyways...

Members who have read this thread: 0