mtbr member
    Feb 2004

07 Trance 1 or 08 Trance X1...

I'm trying to decide between an 07 Trance 1 or an 08 Trance X1. The X1 will be around 300 more, but it looks like the frame has been improved and it has the extra travel. Is there any reason to NOT go for the 08 X1? Thanks!

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]No there is no reason at all to go for the 07, get the 08, it is more than worth the extra 300, the kit is at least 10 times better, it is lighter than the 07, the frame is more practical and looks nicer, it has 25mm more rear travel and 20mm more on the front and the ride is so much better.
    [/SIZE]

Giddy Up!
    Easy choice.. X1 for sure. Provided you can spend the extra three hundered clams..

CAAK
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\

mtbr member
    May 2008
    whats the difference between Trance 1 and Trance X1?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    From a glance, the regular Trance has 4.2" of travel the Trance X has 5". The frame has been redesigned for 08 to supposedly make it a little lighter and stiffer. The think I like about the 08 frame is that the shock is not covered by a housing on the frame and its easier to look at the shock when you're setting sag (the housing looks kind of cool though)
    I did an extensive off road ride of the regular Trance and I really liked it. It feels like there is more than 4.2" of travel but the bike still pedals great. My only concern with the TX is if the pedaling is affected by the extra travel. The people that I've talked to and my LBS say that it isn't.

mtbr member
    [SIZE=2]No, pedalling efficiency is just as good if not better than the 07.
    [/SIZE]