dft
    mtbr member

06 Reign owners, how is it?

i should be getting a 06 Reign in the spring. How do people like it.
    I waited for the 06 verses 05 since its a tad slacker (1/2 degree), a tad lower i think and has rp3 shock instead of swinger 3way. How are folks liking it?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dft
    i should be getting a 06 Reign in the spring. How do people like it.
    I waited for the 06 verses 05 since its a tad slacker (1/2 degree), a tad lower i think and has rp3 shock instead of swinger 3way. How are folks liking it?
    Thanks
    Got the R2-overall I think its a great bike with a good spec stock.I was concerned about the steep hill climbing ability with the slacker angle and longer travel fork,but it hasnt been an issue.The RP3 is working great so far,still trying different settings but real nice.The Hutchinson Bulldoggs were crap and lasted 1 ride,went with Conti Verts 2.35.The front 7" rotor has got a lot of power compared to my VT 6". The Nixon has been real nice,seems to be getting better as it breaks in on the small bumps.Never been a fan of Manitou forks but so far so good. Swapped out the seat for a Fizik that I like,also changed the bars to carbon risers I had. First time using SRAM stuff and I like it so far,well see how it puts up with the abuse.I definetly like the shifting style,could never get use to Rapid Rise . Just for reference,I ride north New Jersey rocky,rooty single,double track,aggressive XC,not a free rider.Occasional drops,jumps but nothing crazy,no 10' footers,but hard enough to bottom out no and then. Happy with my purchase.