Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

'06 Reign 2 shock orientation question

815 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dave99 
#1 ·
'06 Reign 2 comes with a Fox RP3 shock. It's a pain in the a$$ to connect a pump to the schraeder valve because interference with the upper shock linkage.

I rotated the shock 180 degrees so the schraeder valve is accessible but the now the pro-pedal selector is facing backward. When the shock bottoms out it looks like the pro-pedal selector could hit the frame. It looked real tight when I disconnected the shock and moved the rear wheel to MAX travel.

Is there a real concern for damaging your shock when rotated 180 degrees during bottom-out?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
OK - I went out and reduced shock pressure. I wasn't sure if this was a bad idea as I seem to recall this was a no-no for other rear shocks like the 5th Air and DHX 5.0 Coil.

Anyway, there seems to be a good 1/4" of clearance between the pro-pedal lever and the Reign frame before the shock compresses the bottom-out bumper. I'm not sure how much further the shock will travel but I suspect it should be OK. This seems like a pretty low risk to me.

I'll post back if I break my shock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.