Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: 05 Reign Help

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GiantCHaDSTeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    326

    05 Reign Help

    I need to replace my headset and I need to know what will work or what will you recommend for the 05 Reign?

  2. #2
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,594
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantCHaDSTeR
    I need to replace my headset and I need to know what will work or what will you recommend for the 05 Reign?
    Cane Creek and FSA make some decent zero stacks that'll fit right in there.

    Some info. here.
    Reign X headset

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sim2u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,329
    Chris King is doing a pretty sick integrated stack now called the "Perdido headset" but it is only offered to frame builders/ manufacturers. No help there hey...? You may wish to enquire further about it. and you may need to ream your headtube though...ha ha ha!

    As said before though, FSA and Cane Creek do the most commonly used varieties.

    Here is a link to it...LINK VERY very sweet indeed.



    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    Cane Creek and FSA make some decent zero stacks that'll fit right in there.

    Some info. here.
    Reign X headset
    Last edited by Sim2u; 02-22-2008 at 05:02 PM.

  4. #4
    FAST EDDY MUST DIE!!!!!!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    22
    Which front der is needed for this bike? I know its 34.9 but there are two different versions of the XT. the 770 and the 772. which works for this frame?
    Home of the Tunderbringers! Bringin' that thunder.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GiantCHaDSTeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    326
    i think the 770 is a low clamp and the 772 is a high clamp. i'm using a low clamp on my 05 Reign

  6. #6
    Just roll it......
    Reputation: ebxtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    7,594
    Quote Originally Posted by migzoner
    Which front der is needed for this bike? I know its 34.9 but there are two different versions of the XT. the 770 and the 772. which works for this frame?
    You want whichever version is a Top Pull / Top Swing.

    EB

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.