Thread: 05/06 Trance

UK Bike Whore
    Dec 2008

05/06 Trance

Im thinking about buying a second hand Trance and putting some 130mm coil forks on it. I know the originally came with 100mm air forks but I was wondering if anybody had had any success with longer forks on this vintage Trance.

If so show me your pics.

Thanks.

V10 Freerider
    Quote Originally Posted by I_Ache
    Im thinking about buying a second hand Trance and putting some 130mm coil forks on it. I know the originally came with 100mm air forks but I was wondering if anybody had had any success with longer forks on this vintage Trance.

If so show me your pics.

Thanks.
    I loved it this way.

BTW this frame is for sale

The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

UK Bike Whore
    Dec 2008
    How is it around the local woods? And does it still climb well? Im torn between one of these and a HT.

mtbr member

If so show me your pics.

Thanks.
    i'm running a 130mm revelation (air) on my '06 trance and love it. i have a pic in one of the trance threads in the sticky, but have no idea where at this point. i can snap a few of its current set up later today or tomorrow if you want.

UK Bike Whore
    Dec 2008
    If you can take a pic that would be great.

Also how is it climbing? Is the seat angle too shallow now or is it still ok?

mtbr member
    If you can take a pic that would be great.

Also how is it climbing? Is the seat angle too shallow now or is it still ok?
    i have no issues at all with climbing or the seat angle. overall the bike feels much more stable than it did with the 100mm fork - in all conditions.

i'll get a pic soon.

mtbr member
    sorry for the delay. '06 trance with revelation at 130mm:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Love the pics guys!!! I'm running a 140mm Pike on my '06 Trance. Still climbs like a billy goat and bombs like an AM rig.

UK Bike Whore
    Dec 2008
    size that looks really nice. Im really struggling between one of these and a HT. I cant afford to build up both its a tough choice.