mtbr member

New question here. 03 NRS or 03 SJ FSR ?

I am in the dilemma of choosing over these two frames, 03 SJ FSR or 03 Giant NRS. Can anyone give comments on these frames? Thanks

Ski during the off-season
    Quote Originally Posted by HotzKiss
    I am in the dilemma of choosing over these two frames, 03 SJ FSR or 03 Giant NRS. Can anyone give comments on these frames? Thanks
    You may want to check out some of the responses I got to a post in the 'what to buy' forum when I asked about the SJ & Giant AC. I mentioned the NRS in my post & the person responded about the SJ, Enduro, Giant AC & NRS.

In summary, the NRS is less plush and more geared towards XC racing -- some people love them but others prefer a more plush ride. The SJ are more plush; the '04's can be gotten with ProPedal, which eliminates/reduces pedal bob. At one time, I was leaning towards the NRS, but I have started looking more towards either a SJ or perhaps if I save long enough, an Epic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by journey
    You may want to check out some of the responses I got to a post in the 'what to buy' forum when I asked about the SJ & Giant AC. I mentioned the NRS in my post & the person responded about the SJ, Enduro, Giant AC & NRS.

In summary, the NRS is less plush and more geared towards XC racing -- some people love them but others prefer a more plush ride. The SJ are more plush; the '04's can be gotten with ProPedal, which eliminates/reduces pedal bob. At one time, I was leaning towards the NRS, but I have started looking more towards either a SJ or perhaps if I save long enough, an Epic.
    Thank you ! I will check out the Forum.