Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

02 NRS Swing-Arm spacers

719 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  NoCoasting 
#1 ·
I just upgraded the stock SID on my NRS to a Cloud-Nine and noticed that I've lost one of the little black spacers that fit the bolts on top of the rear swing-arm - I must have lost it when removing the SID. Anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Thanks,

Geoff

#2 ·
you have a few options

NoCoasting said:
I just upgraded the stock SID on my NRS to a Cloud-Nine and noticed that I've lost one of the little black spacers that fit the bolts on top of the rear swing-arm - I must have lost it when removing the SID. Anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Thanks,

Geoff
Either look for the lost one like crazy, I mean pick up everything in the area you disassembled,/worked on the bike, and find that sucker. (My favorite option)

OR

Try and get one from GIANT. GOOD LUCK with that, as they don't seem to do too well with parts availability. Warranty frames, fine. Parts for you? Ummm..you wait.. (leaset favorite option)

OR

Ask friends, family if anyone is/knows a toolmaker who can bang one out for you in their shop. Easy to do on a lathe and bridgeport machine, then grind to the correct thickness.(second favorite option)

OR

Home Depot.. Take the other one with you, it's METRIC for sure. And find several metric washers and stack them to get the same thickness. It may be impossible because the fit between the seatstay should be precise.

GOOD LUCK.....

#3 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions, but I discovered (thanks to the help of Sergio at SGF Components - maker of those fine rocker arms upgrades) that the spacer is the same OD/ID as inner-chainring spacers. I believe the thickness is 3.5mm but I'm not positive.

Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.