mtbr member

Yet another what anodized color accents on a matte black bike!

Just pulled the trigger on a new full suspension bike. Bike shop is ordering it from Trek. It's stealth matte black. To be announced!

It will be an addition to my stealth fleet. So I'm thinking of going ano purple or gold but leaning towards purple. I normally like my pedals black, but I may go with purple pedals with purple lock rings for grips and purple seatpost clamp.

Please post pics of your matte black bike with purple accents.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Dirt Bound
    I don't have a pic handy, but this is one someone took.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Get a gold chain, it looks boss.

EAT MORE GRIME
    ^link goes to the link clicker home, not a bike photo
    Sorry, this content isn't available right now

Last edited by 127.0.0.1; 04-01-2018 at 06:31 AM.
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

Cycologist
    Go with what you want but it seems purple and red are the expected colors; go green!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Remember, there's always quilting and knitting if pedalling becomes too tough.

Dirt Bound
    Quote Originally Posted by 127.0.0.1 View Post
    ^link goes to the link clicker home, not a bike photo
    Sorry, this content isn't available right now
    Weird, when I clicked on it, it right to the photo. Maybe because I'm me, I don't know?

Dirt Bound
    Yet another what anodized color accents on a matte black bike!-15085690_10211159307844318_2014352056041911479_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Just did a goggle search and just some of what I found.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Contains no juice.
    Red! No, blue!!

Auggghhhhhh!!
    At least you got a nice boat out of the deal.

DJ Trump

mtbr member
    Figure out what you want and make sure your color is available. I found that when I chose orange, it limited my options as certain companies do not do that color. Red seems to be the most popular.

mtbr member
    I've done the ano red, blue and green already!

Thanks for the photos, guys! Though I was hoping to see some of your personal bikes

I'm going more for a subtle accent look, so probably no purple rims I remember seeing a few bikes here with color pedals that add to the color theme and really liked the look. So I'm probably going for color pedals in addition to key accent points such as lock-on grips, seatpost clamp, and....

I usually do skewers, but the bike I'm getting has the thru axle thing front and back.

Nplaizer: those pics or very convincing! I'm shooting for more of a deep purple like in those photos.

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Quote Originally Posted by djork View Post
    ...I'm going more for a subtle accent look, so probably no purple rims I remember seeing a few bikes here with color pedals that add to the color theme and really liked the look. So I'm probably going for color pedals in addition to key accent points such as lock-on grips, seatpost clamp, and...
    Good call on the rims. IMHO, moderation is key. As you say, these are intended to be “accents”. A little goes a long way. That Transition build likely evolved into an obsessive challenge - search the universe for all bike components in anodized purple... I have a set of purple onodized Onza bar ends from the mid 90s that I could have helped the owner out with...

I went for a murdered out matte black look with a just a bit of green accents, which you have already done.

Good luck with the build! Have a blast OP.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I say go all black, or use silver as an accent.

EAT MORE GRIME
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    I say go all black, or use silver as an accent.

black with silver is pretty badass
    "Put your seatbelt back on or get out and sit in the middle of that circle of death." - Johnny Scoot

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Is the new "to be announced" full squishy bike from Trek? It's not all black, and already has an accent color

But I vote gold, especially if it has Fox Kashima coating on the stanchions.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member
    Silver accent is kinda boring :P I did try the all black look on a bike I used to have but I got bored and added red accents.

Here's my Cannondale Bad Boy commuter with ano green bits

Specialized Rockhopper (one of my fav bikes) with ano blue bits

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Yet another what anodized color accents on a matte black bike!-p4pb15200662.jpg

Yet another what anodized color accents on a matte black bike!-p4pb15200666.jpg

Not exactly what you looking for, but close to

mtbr member
    Turquoise and mint are sweet on black and relatively new to anodizing. Pewter or gun metal are nice too.
    Why no true yellow anodizing?
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

mtbr member
    I dig chrome or old school neon color frames with anodized parts. Not a fan of matte black w/ anodized. Looks dooshy. Like you're probably a dude who drives a jacked up truck on those ugly black aluminum rims with stars on them.

But matte black looks sharp with black, polished, or brushed aluminum components.
    "You can be clipped in and be boring or ride flats and have a good time." - Sam Hill

mtbr member
    Thing about adding too many anodized parts in one color is getting them to match in the same shade. My GF is into the whole color matching on her bikes. One red and the other blue. They are in different shades...even from the same company.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    I once joked to a bike shop owner that they should have a wall full of anodized bits for sale, for blinging out bikes. They had a knee-jerk reaction and outright said "NO!". For context, it's kind of ghetto in the area his shop serves. He did later argue that it's difficult to find colors that match between different brands (e.g. light shades of red and blue on suspension parks, deep polished blues and reds on CK headsets).

That said, good luck with your project.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ehfour View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p4pb15200662.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	1191046

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p4pb15200666.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	160.7 KB 
ID:	1191047

Not exactly what you looking for, but close to
    Sweet! I had thought of getting color grips but decided against it because they get dirty and look like crap after a while. So it's just black grips with color rings. Dig the color pedals/grips concept.

Agree about getting ano parts that match. Cannondale couldn't even get their ano lime green consistent! The grip lock rings are a nice rich green but the seatpost collar is a pale green--and both are Cannondale brand! I was a bit annoyed considering that I paid a pretty penny for the seat collar.

Who knew pimping your ride with ano parts is ghetto! I can't help it, I'm into ano bits on bikes!

Bikesexual
    Not matte black...but went red, thought of purple but couldn't find decent deals. Almost done!
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

All fat, all the time.
    Small coloured parts make a black bike more exciting for sure. But best to keep it small parts I think, ano rims are too much almost.

I did purple hubs, headset spacers, and chain ring up front. That's it. Happy with it.Yet another what anodized color accents on a matte black bike!-img_20180401_152910051-2672x1503.jpg

Fat Is Where It's At Moderator
    Flat black with gloss clear and red accents (seat post clamp, ring, spacers and pedals).

Yet another what anodized color accents on a matte black bike!-27500443_10155996320050502_1490898897774728316_o.jpg

mtbr member
    Can't go wrong with red.

Yet another what anodized color accents on a matte black bike!-img_3853.jpg

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    ✔️I like red accents against black the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    ✔️I like red accents against black the best.
    Yep, "never goes out of style" I would get sick of purple, lime green etc. They're like a mullet, so great for a while...
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    I agree about red accents. The bike in my avatar was matte black with ano red bits. One good thing about ano red is that I've had good experience getting shades that were pretty much consistent. Plus, ano red is easy to find!

Anyway...picked up bike yesterday and first...drum roll, please...PURPLE parts were pedals. Here's the bike straight out of the shop.

Got ODI lock-on grips with purple lock rings that need to be put on soon.

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Looks nice, just be careful about over accenting it. In my opinion a common mistake many make. Especially against black, every accent sticks out so much against black that going overboard in my opinion looks too busy.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 04-07-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

Bikesexual
    Looks sweet! Congrats!
    The Orange Fleet:

'16 SC Heckler
    '14 All City MMD
    '12 Kona Unit Rigid

mtbr member
    Thanks, guys! Yesterday I swapped bars for a narrower bar. The stock 750mm bar was too wide and too high for me. There weren't too many options for a narrow 35 bar, but I did find one that fit the bill in terms of length, rise, and cost. Controltech MST 710mm 0 rise. It's a lot lighter. Now everything on the bar looks snug and not so spaced out.

The Fuel EX has a high cockpit, made even higher with a bar with 15mm rise and three 10mm spacers under the stem. Moved one spacer above the stem to lower the handlebar height.

So anyway, here are more pic showing new shiny purple parts. Most of the ano purple parts from different sources were very similar in shade! So that worked out great! I agree with DJ, this will be the extent of my purpleling the bike. Though I'm waiting for a set of ano purple presta caps

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    Below is a picture of my rocky mtn thunderbolt which is matte black and I have gone with blue bits on it.

Yet another what anodized color accents on a matte black bike!-540ec02b-4559-4ffd-81a8-c2fbcbb76b71.jpg
    2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt BC Edition
    2017 Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50
    2015 Giant Fastroad