mtbr member

X Post:Which XC Tire for Tubeless Conversion?

Iím looking for suggestions on a XC appropriate tire which will accommodate a tubeless conversion. I tried to convert my Continental Race King Supersonics with a Stanís kit, but the tires were too porous. My rims are standard clinchers.
    Also, will a folding bead work? The Contis were really hard to initially inflate during the conversion.

OrÖ Is there a liquid-rubber compound that I can coat the inside of my Contis with?
    That would be more cost-effective than buying new tires.
    "What is this? A center for ants?"

LightJunction.com
    A folding bead will definitely work. I'm currently running non-UST Schwalbe Rocket Rons tubeless. What I found helpful was during the initial setup, I put more Stan's in there than it recommended, and I would hold the wheel upright and shake it side to side. I'd do that, rotate the wheel a few degrees and repeat, until I got all the way around. That made sure the entire tire and bead came into contact with the sealant. I had initially tried just inflating the tire with sealant inside and spinning the wheel around for awhile...it would work at first, but in the morning I would always come back to deflated tires.
    We sell quality bike headlights and flashlights.
    www.LightJunction.com