Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    _CJ
    mtbr member
    May 2014

WTF...no 26er forum?

Special sub-forums for 27.5 and 29, but no love for the wheels that got us here? WTF!?!?!

26 ain't dead yet!

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    ...and by such small things are a majority marginalized in favor of a minority...
    Quote Originally Posted by ridelikeafatkid
    "MOMMY, I WANT TO RIDE LIKE THAT FAT KID!" true story.

Rock and/or Roll
    Dec 2005
    WTF, the entire website is a 26er forum! And you're upset because there are a couple subforums for "other" wheel sizes??

mtbr member
    26ers will never die, the marketing overlords have sold the 27.5 to the masses as though it's a life changer..NOT, 29ers were just another size until last year and they finally shortened the CS a bit so they handle decently, but now long travel has entered the scene so maybe they can climb too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by _CJ View Post
    Special sub-forums for 27.5 and 29, but no love for the wheels that got us here? WTF!?!?!

26 ain't dead yet!

Nice video, perfect wheel size for pump tracks and bike parks, like in the video. Why cannot the 26 go uphill, he had to push the bike to the top of the pump track?

Dude enough trolling already, 26 is DEAD, but I know how you feel. I use only DOS, no way I am switching to an Apple or Windows based computer.

High Desert MTBer
    It's funny, I went to a LBS a couple days ago to show support and get a new tire. The kid who was serving me was very helpful, but when I asked to see their 26" tires, he was rather apologetic and said they did not have much call for them any more, and the choice was limited. The upside was that the ones they did have were priced well, and I got a great deal. However, he told me he, and most of his pals, only ever rode 29ers, and he had actually never ridden a 26"... amazing! I suggested he try, but he chuckled as if I was a bigger dinosaur than he had first thought... I might be the only 26er on the trail soon, but then I hardly ever see other bikes where I ride, it's a little technical for most dirt roadies...
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    As they become the minority, they should not get any special treatment as the others did in the past. It's the American way.

_CJ
    mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    It's funny, I went to a LBS a couple days ago ...The kid who was serving me ...told me he had actually never ridden a 26"
    Probably never drove a car with a carburetor, or played a record on a record player either.

Maybe I should open up a vintage bike shop next to the record store...nothing from this century allowed.

official eMpTyBRain
    On January 1, 2014, President Obama signed a bill into law restricting the use and ownership of 26" wheeled mountain bikes. All 26" wheeled mountain bikes are supposed to be surrendered to any one of the thousands of collection sites set up throughout the country. It is illegal to ride/possess a 26" wheeled mountain bike, including 96ers.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

mtbr member
    I have 1 such site, come children and confess your sins by bestowing these dated creatures on me..

mtbr member
    That was actually a Tea Party initiative to save money by eliminating choice.

gravity fighter

FKA Malibu412
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

No. Just No. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    On January 1, 2014, President Obama signed a bill into law restricting the use and ownership of 26" wheeled mountain bikes. All 26" wheeled mountain bikes are supposed to be surrendered to any one of the thousands of collection sites set up throughout the country. It is illegal to ride/possess a 26" wheeled mountain bike, including 96ers.
    My understanding was that this plan was scrapped, and replaced by a mandatory 90-day background check / cooling off period before you could actually take possession of your 26er, to give enough applicants enough time to regain their sanity and buy a 29er or 27.5 instead.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Circlip View Post
    My understanding was that this plan was scrapped, and replaced by a mandatory 90-day background check / cooling off period before you could actually take possession of your 26er, to give enough applicants enough time to regain their sanity and buy a 29er or 27.5 instead.
    scrapped as well since sanity is a lost art.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Actually there is a forum for 26ers - the Vintage.Retro, Classic forum.

mtbr member
    I actually bought my first FS bike yesterday and its 26er. No background check needed.
    2013 TREK Fuel EX 8 26er
    2010 Trek 4300 Disc

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by wcoyne View Post
    I actually bought my first FS bike yesterday and its 26er. No background check needed.
    In before the enforcement efforts took effect.

Nice first **cough-sock-cough** post, btw
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

Oh, the huge-meh-nity
    Aug 2013
    The real WTF is no 36er forum. THAT would be entertainment.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide the Clyde View Post
    In before the enforcement efforts took effect.

Nice first **cough-sock-cough** post, btw
    No worries i know a cnc shop where you press a button and remove your 26er from the machine. No serial # to register.

mtbr member
    First post...... Testing testing testing.......

mtbr member
    now we have PR's of socks rearing their fugly heads.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by _CJ View Post

26 ain't dead yet!

There are only 2 forums that are NOT 26er forums, that's the 650b and 29er forums. Everything else is a 26er forum because the vast and very, very large majority of mtb's being rode today and that will be ridden tomorrow are 26ers.

There is no denying that fact no matter how much money mtb companies spend on marketing.
    keepoaklandfresh

I'm gonna put on an iron shirt and ride my bike all over this eart'

_CJ
    mtbr member
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbutfunky View Post
    There are only 2 forums that are NOT 26er forums, that's the 650b and 29er forums. Everything else is a 26er forum because the vast and very, very large majority of mtb's being rode today and that will be ridden tomorrow are 26ers.

There is no denying that fact no matter how much money mtb companies spend on marketing.
    I get a different impression on the trail, in bikes shops around town, and in various forms of media...26er's are the rarity, often inducing rude comments and looks of bewilderment.

official eMpTyBRain
    This thread is a freakin' sock festival!
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast