Ride Instigator

Winter riding glove suggestions?

I'm looking for some glove suggestions from riders in the cold part of the country.

For years I've been riding in cheap azz ski type gloves found at home centers and such and I'm thinking of getting myself a GOOD pair of gloves to ride in. My only real problem with the cheapie gloves is that the inside lining takes forever to dry and they smell BAD after only a few rides and have to be machine washed/and dried.

Looking for something that's good for 35F down to about 10F that the inside is of a material that will dry overnight and is machine washable.

I'm thinking of these ones at Jenson, any experience with these?
    Toko Arctic Gloves > Apparel > Gloves | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

AZ
    banned
    Pogies and light weight full fingers.

Amazon.com: Mountain Bar Mitts, Black: Sports & Outdoors

Is not amused
    Manzella Evolution W2 Windproof Gloves, not bulky, have the "warmer" W2 from Manzella. They are toasty warm, wind proof, have a sweat/nose wipe. Works for me.
    Amazon.com: Manzella Evolution W2 Windproof Gloves: Clothing

This thread; which, coincidentally, happens to be in the appropriate sub-forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    My hands get cold easily. I use higher end ski gloves (gore-tex etc.). They are a bit bulky, but toasty warm (I use rapid fire and they work well enough). Use a small fan to dry them (not a heat vent).

I usually wash my regular gloves after each ride. The ski gloves I might wait 2-3 rides (and use a small fan to dry).

Sweat is just fat crying.
    What about those heated grips?

Heated MTB Ergo Tri
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

Climbs = necessary evil
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post
    What about those heated grips?

Heated MTB Ergo Tri
    Unfortunately, the top of your hands will still get cold from the wind / temperature. I know because heated grips on my Harley were not nearly as warm as actual heated gloves.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Most cycling gloves I've used didn't work out that well. Something about the curve of your hand on the hard cold bar and the blood just never circulated right. I'm going with more insulation from now on.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.