Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 55
  1. #1
    Quiet Professional
    Reputation: chef7734's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    554

    Wife *****ing because i look at bikes.

    So about an hour ago my giant reign was delivered but i still research and watch videos on other bikes. She thinks i am not happy because i still look. I triedto explain to her a car lover does not stop looking at cars because even when they get their grail. She still does not get it, so i said she must not be happy with our pets as she always looks at other animals. Oh well i wont stop looking.

    Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

  2. #2
    29er and 26er
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    671
    Tell her its better that you are looking at bikes rather than porn.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,686
    Tell her to get back in the kitchen and make you a sandwich

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: likeaboss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    787
    I am constantly looking at boats. My wife calls it boat porn. She also looks but does not admit it ;-)

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,542
    You know you're addicted to cycling when:
    you see a fit, tanned, lycra clad young woman ride by, and the first thing you check out is her bike.
    or
    You have stopped even trying to explain to your spouse why you need 2 bikes...you just go buy another one and figure it will all work out in the divorce settlement.
    Oldest daughter doesn't ride.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fiskare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    710
    My first wife did not ride. It was a constant problem. I meet wife 2.0 on a ride and it is never a problem. Therefore, I endorse 'Cyclists4Cyclists'.....a support/hookup group I just made up.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,276
    My wife knows how I am, and bikes are
    cheaper than cars. So it isn't a problem.

  8. #8
    '11 Opus Strat
    Reputation: shawnt2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Wheel View Post
    You know you're addicted to cycling when:
    you see a fit, tanned, lycra clad young woman ride by, and the first thing you check out is her bike.
    or
    You have stopped even trying to explain to your spouse why you need 2 bikes...you just go buy another one and figure it will all work out in the divorce settlement.
    So true!! LOL. Guess this is along the same lines.

    Was watching a movie with the wife last night and in a particular scene, a bombshell blonde wearing aviator sunglasses, and nothing but the fur on the nether regions, riding a motorcycle.

    I automatically yelled out: "That's a sweet 60's Triumph!"..

    She called Bullsh**.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
    I'm surprised you could hear her complaining over the sound of the vacuum.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    421
    It may not be a good time to explain the mathematical equation for the right number of bikes, n+1. Where n is the number of bikes you currently own.

  10. #10
    Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    Reputation: GelatiCruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,080
    Dammit! Why can't I rep people on tapatalk?

  11. #11
    govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    Reputation: ArmySlowRdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,163
    I will join if ya promise lots of hot asian girlies

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskare View Post
    My first wife did not ride. It was a constant problem. I meet wife 2.0 on a ride and it is never a problem. Therefore, I endorse 'Cyclists4Cyclists'.....a support/hookup group I just made up.

  12. #12
    Kitty! Kitty! Kitty!
    Reputation: GelatiCruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,080
    I was looking at a new front fork and my wife was like "What's wrong with the bike I just bought you?"...Nothing's "wrong" with it, I just want to buy more **** for it. More awesome, shiny, new ****.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: joshhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by brianW. View Post
    It may not be a good time to explain the mathematical equation for the right number of bikes, n+1. Where n is the number of bikes you currently own.
    More like s -1 where s is the number of separation from the wife.
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    538
    I think she's seeing bikes as a microcosm for how you make decisions. If you can't be happy with one bike, then....

  15. #15
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,235
    Quote Originally Posted by p08757 View Post
    Tell her its better that you are looking at bikes rather than porn.
    Or other women. Or for that matter, looking at dudes.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  16. #16
    Ride Instigator
    Reputation: Ricko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,221
    Picky picky picky...there are so many worse things that a man can be obsessed with

  17. #17
    9 lives
    Reputation: cyclelicious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,666
    My husband and I look at bikes and ride them.. just 2 of the many things that keep the relationship strong and alive
    F*ck Cancer

    Eat your veggies

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dfwraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    70
    i am constantly on ebay and craigslist buying bikes and parts, it makes her irate lol. i recently got her a bike and keep buying new better parts for it and selling the old ones. so now she has a very decent bike. i like to ride it sometimes because its small, nimble and just fun. therefore she thinks i bought it for myself and told her its hers.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: YakimaDeathYaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    214
    Pretty much all i do is look at bikes....even at work....my wife hates it but its better than going out to the bar and looking at other stuff on the internet
    84 Ritcher Super Comp
    85 Salsa Scoboni
    85 Ritchey Timber Comp
    88 Ritchey Super Comp

  20. #20
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,327
    I'm surprised you could hear her complaining over the sound of the vacuum.
    Gigantic Hawk
    gigantic-hawk.com

  21. #21
    Quiet Professional
    Reputation: chef7734's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    554
    LOL. I explained to her I am mostly satisfied with my bike. Just want to upgrade some parts. I do however like to look at other bikes just studying them. Hey I just bought her a Nikon d5100. She should be happy.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    467

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1
    xD just tell her that, see what happens.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    109
    i hid from my wife for a week when i ordered my new bike...felt like i was being interogated everytime she talked to me...end result was her pissed for about 10 mins and we laughed at my fear of her! haha but really shes usually good with my large purchases..got my eye on a new flatbottom setup...that may require couch time when i purchase it!

  25. #25
    '11 Opus Strat
    Reputation: shawnt2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
    I'm surprised you could hear her complaining over the sound of the vacuum.
    lmao, my new sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
    I'm surprised you could hear her complaining over the sound of the vacuum.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    419
    if you just bought a bike and are looking at other bikes with your tongue wagging, she's *****ing cause in her mind, she is that first bike...love does strange things to people`

  27. #27
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    If you really want to mess with the wife, tell her you already found the perfect woman.... And then you found her.

    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3
    Funny thread. I started keeping a mental tally of all her trips to the woman barber and such and throw that back at her when I get cornered. I also found that if i use the "I got it on sale" phrase followed with "I can always take it back" comment, that usually neutralizes the situation long enough for her to get over it. Bottom line is never lie or try to be underhanded as that will come back and get ya. This methodology has served me well for 15 years.

  29. #29
    Kick Start My Heart
    Reputation: davez26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Or other women. Or for that matter, looking at dudes.
    This is exactly what I tell her. Makes everything all better.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  30. #30
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,327
    Quote Originally Posted by shawnt2012 View Post
    lmao, my new sig.
    Happy to help.
    Gigantic Hawk
    gigantic-hawk.com

  31. #31
    EMBA Member
    Reputation: Ladmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,704
    My wife firmly believes that the great economy will provide and we have nothing to worry about or even plan for, so as far as she's concerned, we should just buy everything we want because it'll all be ok in the end. Seriously. When I told her I was thinking of buying either a truck or an SUV for my next vehicle, she came home all excited a couple days later and told me she saw a Porsche SUV and not only that it was turbo and I should get one of those. When I informed her how much that vehicle costs, she was completely unfazed by it. (I have since bought a truck). So when it came time that I wanted my new bike (2012 tallboy Ltc with XT, dropper, etc), I may as well have been telling her I wanted to buy a loaf of bread. What can I say. For some reason, she does draw the line on a bigger TV, but I'll keep trying.

  32. #32
    Don't Tread on Me
    Reputation: Lopaka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    675
    I just tell my wife that it's ok, my girlfriend paid for it.
    Consciousness, that annoying time between bike rides.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JoeJITSU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdogreno View Post
    i hid from my wife for a week when i ordered my new bike...felt like i was being interogated everytime she talked to me...end result was her pissed for about 10 mins and we laughed at my fear of her! haha but really shes usually good with my large purchases..got my eye on a new flatbottom setup...that may require couch time when i purchase it!
    lol, I bought a $2800 bike 3 years ago and told her it was $1600. She found out and flipped out. Something I will never do again...I almost lost my wife and kids because of my stupidity.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kiwiplague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,466
    Quote Originally Posted by freakybro View Post
    My wife firmly believes that the great economy will provide and we have nothing to worry about or even plan for, so as far as she's concerned, we should just buy everything we want because it'll all be ok in the end. Seriously. When I told her I was thinking of buying either a truck or an SUV for my next vehicle, she came home all excited a couple days later and told me she saw a Porsche SUV and not only that it was turbo and I should get one of those. When I informed her how much that vehicle costs, she was completely unfazed by it. (I have since bought a truck). So when it came time that I wanted my new bike (2012 tallboy Ltc with XT, dropper, etc), I may as well have been telling her I wanted to buy a loaf of bread. What can I say. For some reason, she does draw the line on a bigger TV, but I'll keep trying.
    Wow, I wish my wife was that accommodating with all the things I'd like to buy!
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

  35. #35
    ako
    ako is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25
    I like the whole n+1 thing.

    My wife knew I had two bikes, but then saw 3 in the same room.

    Since she knows I have 3 I figure I can buy my fourth. Oh wait, I already have and it will be delivered next week

  36. #36
    High Gravity Haze
    Reputation: Spec7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Posts
    411
    Prior to getting married, my wife asked me why I was always looking at bikes and parts when I had three perfectly fine bikes. I explained to her that when it comes down to bikes and me, nothing is "set it and forget it; my bikes and bike parts are in a perpetual cycle of change that started when I had my first Schwinn Stingray back in 1980." She was born in 79, so I also pointed out that I've been doing this almost as long as she's been alive.

    I helped spark her interest in cycling and now we have 12 bikes between us, she's perfectly fine with it.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BigHit-Maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    686
    I told my wife that at least I'm not spending the money at the bar, and that my fascination with bikes is at least a healthy habit for the family.

    If she faults me for that, then she has another thing coming.
    You in Oklahoma City? If yes, come ride with us.

  38. #38
    mtbr lurker
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    71
    Between my soon to be wife and I we own 7 bikes. I own 4 and her three. We're both cyclist and talk about getting new bikes all the time... then we realize we have a wedding to pay for.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,276
    Tell the wife you will either spend the money on
    bikes or hookers, it is her choice.

  40. #40
    dwt
    dwt is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dwt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,169
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus2405 View Post
    i think she's seeing bikes as a microcosm for how you make decisions. If you can't be happy with one bike, then....
    Wife *****ing because i look at bikes.-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358557302.373710.jpg
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Hawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,365
    Tell your wife that she is will become your "other woman" compared to your bike if the attitude doesn't stop.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Bent Wheel View Post
    You know you're addicted to cycling when:
    you see a fit, tanned, lycra clad young woman ride by, and the first thing you check out is her bike.
    No, nobody really does that.
    But on another note, I am constantly building bikes, selling them, buying parts, things like that...so when I spend three hours in the garage one night and there is another bike in the garage when she leaves for work in the morning, she doesn't blink an eye. I usually hover about 3 fully built ridable bikes with enough parts and frames to make 2 more.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by chef7734 View Post
    So about an hour ago my giant reign was delivered but i still research and watch videos on other bikes. She thinks i am not happy because i still look. I triedto explain to her a car lover does not stop looking at cars because even when they get their grail. She still does not get it, so i said she must not be happy with our pets as she always looks at other animals. Oh well i wont stop looking.

    Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Let me see if I got this right. You just had a new bike delivered and instead of taking it out and riding it, you are researching bikes and looking at vids? Sounds like your wife is right...it's not normal to sit inside looking up bikes when you have a brand new bike sitting there, and god knows how much time you spend at the computer.
    With the attitude you have, especially your last sentence, I think you have a bit of maturing to do.

  44. #44
    Quiet Professional
    Reputation: chef7734's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    Let me see if I got this right. You just had a new bike delivered and instead of taking it out and riding it, you are researching bikes and looking at vids? Sounds like your wife is right...it's not normal to sit inside looking up bikes when you have a brand new bike sitting there, and god knows how much time you spend at the computer.
    With the attitude you have, especially your last sentence, I think you have a bit of maturing to do.
    No bike was still in box and needed to be put together. Once i brought it home from the shop i did ride it. I am happy with my bike and will be a long time till i get another one. I like to learn as much as i can and that is why i look , watch videos, and read the forum. I work about 15 hours a day most days and don't sit at the computer but maybe an hour a day. So you say that by saying i will not stop looking at bikes then i need to mature still? How do you come up with that solution. If it were really a problem i would not do it. My family always comes first. Most of this was said as a joke. I am 34 years old combat vet with 10 years in the service. I have two degrees i manage to obtain in between deployments and have a loving family that mean everything to me and come first. That's why it took over 10 years to get a decent bike again.

    And btw i always show my wife these threads and we laugh about them together. She will come in and ask what i am reading and we talk about it. She gets a kick out if most of the responses in this thread.

    Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by chef7734 View Post
    If it were really a problem i would not do it.
    I refer you to the title of you're thread. If it really wasn't an issue this thread would not exist.

  46. #46
    I Ride Bikes
    Reputation: Mazukea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,733
    Quote Originally Posted by chef7734 View Post
    And btw i always show my wife these threads and we laugh about them together. She will come in and ask what i am reading and we talk about it. She gets a kick out if most of the responses in this thread.
    well then, let's talk to her.

    HI there!

    So Mrs. Wife, if that is your real name, how do you like your husband's new bike?

    I've also been looking for a good recipe for homemade cranberry oatmeal cookies, You got any good ones?
    I like to hug trees at FULL SPEED!
    INSTAGRAM -> hawaii808MTB
    FACEBOOK -> Big Island Mountain Biking

  47. #47
    Bro
    Bro is offline
    Content from my avatar
    Reputation: Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,356
    Quote Originally Posted by chef7734 View Post
    And btw i always show my wife these threads and we laugh about them together. She will come in and ask what i am reading and we talk about it. She gets a kick out if most of the responses in this thread.
    I prefer to keep my computer out of the kitchen. Computers don't play so well with cooking stuff.
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    56
    beat your wife, if you don't know why she will
    Chistole Audax Club - "Unity, Pride and Charcuterie"

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    211
    Awesome thread. I thought I was the only one that got nagged at for still "researching" on the internet bike forums and she doesn't believe me when I tell her I feel my 2011 Stumpy EVo is "outdated" since it's now 2013! She didn't find my comment that "now if only my bike had vagina" funny.....
    Peace from Hell...

    '13 Chromag Stylus
    '11 Specialized 29r EVO ht
    '11 DB Mission 2 w/Fox 36

    bab74 on GORC

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: shwinn8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,121
    She thinks i am not happy because i still look. I tried to explain to her a car lover does not stop looking at cars because even when they get their grail. She still does not get it, so i said she must not be happy with our pets as she always looks at other animals. Oh well i wont stop looking.
    you didn't go ride it because it's raining right...Right...RIGHT!!.... take her to a strip club, then tell her it's because you're not happy and still looking ...
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Rocket 88 Stage3
    '00 Homegrown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •