Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Why so much "Your doing it wrong!" ?

OK not saying Im perfect, probably accidently done it a time or 2. Unintentionally but wording came across that way instead of "In my experience or opinion:"

BUT WHY SO MUCH OF THIS "You must do it this way or you suck and arent worthy of riding" attitude from so many "riders" here? I work 2nd shifts and have kids so I spend a fair amount of time on MTBR at night, some during the day if weather doesnt permit me having 8mnth outside. And I read ALOT of posts with that kind of junk on it.

"Clipless is always better, you suck if you ride flats"

"My wheel size is better, you have to have it or your bikes not worthy"

And the list could go on for days.

And its not the "hey you should give this a try", its a "you are doing it wrong, do it "my" way".

And people will sit and argue with the same obsession as these freaking MMORPG playing fools you see videos of that freak out and end up in a padded room for a few nights if someone tells them they arent always right.

I wouldnt bother makings a discussion outta this if it was a handful of ppl here and there, but ffs I see it in about every thread. Gets old when Im still noobish and trying to learn something useful or check out new products etc and 80% of a thread is useless garbage. Again I am not perfect, I tend to argue sometimes. Not that Im right, just that these ppl arent always right either.

I had to open this because of what I read here, but never experienced first hand locally (but have a couple times in St. Louis, partially because one trailset is right in the middle of a richy rich, more money than common sense or people skills type area) and except for people those types I just dont get it.
    Trek Marlin 29er

Like It, Love It, Want Some More Of It!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I sense you're speaking with reason and logic. Please cease and diciest as this is the internet and we cannot allow that sort of open mindedness.

mtbr member
    You are right, trolling the trolls is the diciest of propositions.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Because you are doing it wrong.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    LOL, dont get me going on reason and logic, thats usually where I inadvertently start arguments, using reason and logic.

Reason and Logic = Intellegence
    What do those ppl/trolls = ?????

Ok no more smart a** comments from me, trying to be kinda serious here.

Just really cant comprehend all the hate....

edit: LMAO'd at ^^^ "Your doing it wrong" Maybe im doing life wrong cause those types always seem to get where they sure as the heck shouldnt be and I end up working for them yet I do their job better. Not always but dealt with that a couple times hehe.
    Trek Marlin 29er

mtbr member
    Agree, like "why do you want to do that" or "It's dumb to want that" or "Dumb to want to do that". or "JUST" do this or do that.........

mtbr member
    May 2014
    You all suck at doing it wrong.

mbtr member
    The 'reward' for posting on a forum is to get someone to reply to you. If you make bland, windy, well-reasoned comments you'll spend a lot of time and won't prompt anyone to react. Pointless.

Warrior's Society
    Because it is my way.....or not at all.
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tiretracks View Post
    You all suck at doing it wrong.
    especially @ being a sock huh?

mtbr member
    Sounds like you suffer from a major case of entitlement and are jealous. Stop working a loser job and take on some responsibility for once. Why do you always think rich people with nice bikes cant ride well. In fact most of the top pros in my area are wealthy and fast. You sound like a whiny crybaby wannabe. Grow up!

PS - Your cheap azz bike sucks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flucod View Post
    Why do you always think rich people with nice bikes cant ride well.
    he said rich people lacked people skills not bike skills.

OP - i think the reason that youre getting these elitist replies is because you have the wrong size wheels.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Why so much "Your doing it wrong!" ?

Because the average age of this forum is?

And how many have the "I'm this shizzz, slamming my redbull/ monster mix concoction cause neither alone is good enough for me" while they ride a 12K bike at the park while living in their mothers basement...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hic-A-Doo-La!
    "While I don't wish to harm your feelings, I believe your methodology is flawed. Gravely flawed."

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Just examine posts for the informational value. Even a single experience can be the correct answer apart from the obvious lack of other options investigated by some posters. In fact, you have to consider those replies because of the overwhelming diversity of mtbiking. No one has ridden everything in every condition. Just separate it from the language and give it some weight.

Token Hillbilly
    Because on the internet nobody can reach across a table and stomp their ass for being a incessant c**t?
    Trying to win hearts and minds, but willing to stomp them if necessary.

Professional Crastinator
    You're doing "Your doing it wrong!" wrong.

It's "You're doing it wrong!"

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    It's because the internets are filled with people who can't help but be obnoxious even when they're trying not to be.

For example, I recently read a thread started by some guy who was complaining about others not being civil, but in his original post he managed to gratuitously bash video gamers and everyone who lives in a wealthy neighborhood of St. Lois. True story.

mtbr member
    It's just plain boring if everyone is even-keeled and reasonable.
    Life will pound away where the light don't shine, son...

mtbr member
    Lmao. All I can say here. TRIED to be a bit serious to make a point get real discussion going.

See the maturity of this thread just went down alot.

Trolls will be trolls, but so far yet to see an actual (the guys cracking jokes aside as they belong here) troll that doesn't simply show their IQ and jock size are seriously lacking.
    Sent from my Nokia Stupid Phone using Tapatalk
    Trek Marlin 29er

I build my own.
    Fleas took my "smartass" answer.

My "but seriously" answer is that it doesn't take long to get used to and completely ignore the people who tell you they know what's best for you. Then you can just glean the information you're looking for and ignore the self ego boosting.

It's the internet and it appears that most people are champing at the bit to show how stupid they are while trying to show how smart they are.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

mtbr member
    I have loved doing it wrong... that is different, or better in my mind, as opposed to a bad job.

And as you get older it is a heck of a lot more fun because the more people want to to impress you with their opinion the more I enjoy ignoring them.

When my wife and I were first married her Mom gave advice all the time and it drove my wife crazy. I had no problem with it because I always told her that it was a good idea but then did what I wanted. I'm not sure when she realized that I had been ignoring her all these years but she knows that I'm just letting her talk. And we do get along quite well.

John
    1995 Trek 970 - 80mm Atom Race
    1992 Serotta T-Max - 70mm Z3 Light
    1993 GT All Terra - 46mm Mag 21

mtbr member
    My wife reminds me dayly that I am doing "it" wrong ... for like 20 years now.

So just like in marriage, here on the internet you must read with a filter. Just like the voice filter I use when EVER my wife speaks...

KeyBoard TUff Guys are EVERYWERE not just here at MTBR = Click egnore and move on
    Ride MORE = Live Longer
    Love Dirt / Hate Pavement

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tigris99 View Post
    I wouldnt bother makings a discussion outta this if it was a handful of ppl here and there, but ffs I see it in about every thread. Gets old when Im still noobish and trying to learn something useful or check out new products etc and 80% of a thread is useless garbage. Again I am not perfect, I tend to argue sometimes. Not that Im right, just that these ppl arent always right either.
    Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
    Since when did the phrase "invest in" come to mean the same as "buy"?

Ride Instigator
    I always say....there is more then one right way to do anything.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast