Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 191
  1. #1
    nimble biker
    Reputation: Picard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,596

    Why presta valve?

    Why are bikes using presta valves? What is wrong with Schrader valve?

    Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Deviant
    Reputation: Weaponized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Why are bikes using presta valves? What is wrong with Schrader valve?

    Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk
    Before this thread even gets going I wouldn't buy anyone's answer considering that the primary purpose of the valve is to hold air in the tire. There's a reason you won't find a Presta Valve on a tire that carries anything important.

    Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Formerly of Kent
    Reputation: Le Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,488
    Rim width.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

  4. #4
    Deviant
    Reputation: Weaponized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Rim width.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    You see... Roadies are miserable so let's make the mountain bikers miserable too

    Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Formerly of Kent
    Reputation: Le Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaponized View Post
    You see... Roadies are miserable so let's make the mountain bikers miserable too

    Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    I've never had a problem with a presta valve, ever. I don't get the complaints.



    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

  6. #6
    Deviant
    Reputation: Weaponized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    I've never had a problem with a presta valve, ever. I don't get the complaints.



    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Mine are always getting sealant stuck in them and then gets stiff and hard to turn. I'm constantly replacing them. I've never had anywhere near the issues with Schrader valves that I do with prestas

    Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    oh my TVC 15
    Reputation: Forster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,428
    Run Schraders then. You're only a quick pass with a drill bit from happiness.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

  8. #8
    Deviant
    Reputation: Weaponized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    Run Schraders then. You're only a quick pass with a drill bit from happiness.
    Waiting till I need new tires. I don't want to have to tear down a brand new bike while I'm having too much fun riding it. I don't expect these tires will be on too much longer given the miles I'm clocking

    Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    noob bikepacker
    Reputation: sXeXBMXer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaponized View Post
    Mine are always getting sealant stuck in them and then gets stiff and hard to turn. I'm constantly replacing them. I've never had anywhere near the issues with Schrader valves that I do with prestas

    Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
    I am in the same camp. My tires leak air equally as much with both (presta's on my MTB, Schrader's on BMX). My son has Schraer's on his 26er tubes and they rarely leak...

    to each his own I guess....

    will Schrader's work in a tubeless set up?
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro

  10. #10
    nimble biker
    Reputation: Picard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,596
    All new MTb bikes have presta valves. Are there defects with Schrader valve?

    Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Deviant
    Reputation: Weaponized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    166
    if I had to guess it's a money thing from the manufacturer's. It's simply cheaper to standardize to one type of valve and apparently the presta won the argument since they're needed in skinny road bike wheels. Another nice thing about Schrader's is they sell o-ring caps for them so even if you get a leaky Schrader the cap will keep you from losing air. To me it's freaking ridiculous to have to add air so often as you do with presta equipped mountain bike tires

    Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lone Rager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,058
    Presta valves are lighter and more aero, plus laterally stiff and vertically compliant.
    Do the math.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr Pig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaponized View Post
    Roadies are miserable so let's make the mountain bikers miserable too.
    Totally it! Roadies are only happy when suffering. Why you find Pisstake valves on mountain bikes? Honestly, no idea, but I drill them out on sight.

  14. #14
    Deviant
    Reputation: Weaponized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Rager View Post
    Presta valves are lighter and more aero, plus laterally stiff and vertically compliant.
    Lighter lighter and more aero I could buy but those qualities aren't exactly needed in a mountain bike tire. they make metal shrader's so the other two are a bit moot. Quite frankly I think Europe is punishing us for not adopting the metric system

    Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aliikane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,058
    Valves haven't really changed a lot over the years. Presta valves can be leaky because the interface with the rim is not always really solid. I have a lot of problems with valves that didn't seat well with the rim and leaked. I would like to see an innovations to better valves.

  16. #16
    Deviant
    Reputation: Weaponized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by aliikane View Post
    Valves haven't really changed a lot over the years. Presta valves can be leaky because the interface with the rim is not always really solid. I have a lot of problems with valves that didn't seat well with the rim and leaked. I would like to see an innovations to better valves.
    Maybe Presta valves wouldn't be all that bad if they didn't make them out of drop-forged Chinese goat cheese ( no offense China but seriously get with it)

    Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    I've never had a problem with a presta valve, ever. I don't get the complaints.



    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Itís not that they are hard to use itís just that Schrader is easier and hassle free. Your statement of rim width is correct for Presta.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    No way man! The great Vans debate of 18 was epic!

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ravewoofer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    All new MTb bikes have presta valves. Are there defects with Schrader valve?

    Sent from my F3213 using Tapatalk
    No defects with schrader valve, just OP.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  19. #19
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,250
    Is there a Shraeder valve made for tubeless? If there is, I've never seen one.

  20. #20
    That guy
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,625
    We need a new type of valve, one that's bigger than a Presta, and smaller than a Schrader!
    American Idle

  21. #21
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,250
    Presta+?

    Why stop there? ePresta!

  22. #22
    Deviant
    Reputation: Weaponized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Is there a Shraeder valve made for tubeless? If there is, I've never seen one.
    There are shraders that are solid metal with O-rings on the ends largely made for high-end aluminum car and truck wheels. They're also used in aircraft Wheels. Whether they're long enough and can be adapted to a bicycle wheel is unknown... never tried it but there are numerous configurations and applications for schraders

    Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

  23. #23
    That guy
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Presta+?

    Why stop there? ePresta!
    Presta with boost spacing!
    American Idle

  24. #24
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,250
    Dropper valves!

  25. #25
    Deviant
    Reputation: Weaponized's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Dropper valves!
    Exactly. Droppers, shocks, and forks use them so it shouldn't be such a foreign voodoo concept to wheel makers

    Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

  26. #26
    Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    Reputation: alexbn921's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,772
    It's a carry over from narrow road rims. The first XC rims where made from cut down road rims.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

  27. #27
    Pos rep makes me sad
    Reputation: dv8zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    293
    Well, I learned Stan's and others have made tubeless schrader valves. The automotive industry has ones that aren't threaded down with nuts. Might actually bust the drill out to try this.

    All the bikes I saw during my childhood had narrow rims and schrader valves. Wasn't until I got a mtb from a LBS that I saw presta. No where else have I seen presta. I do recall engineering tests on rim strength report that they usually fail at the valve hole--a bigger hole is a bigger weakness.

    I also see that there's the e13 and milk-it valve systems, if you wish to throw money overengineering the presta system.
    Tell me when I'm wrong. Neg rep me. I will appreciate it, even if you don't explain why I'm wrong.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2
    A drop of Tri-Flow on the threads before tightening the nut fixes everything!

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: @Ride@'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    591
    Mtb rims were narrow as toothpicks just a few years ago.

  30. #30
    noob bikepacker
    Reputation: sXeXBMXer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Dropper valves!
    damit...I just spit pop out of my nose....hilarious!
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: J.B. Weld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaponized View Post
    Mine are always getting sealant stuck in them and then gets stiff and hard to turn. I'm constantly replacing them. I've never had anywhere near the issues with Schrader valves that I do with prestas
    I've cleaned goo out of countless schrader valves, they are susceptible to clogging the exact same way presta valves are. Both are equally easy to clean IME.


    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    I've never had a problem with a presta valve, ever. I don't get the complaints.
    Same here, I don't get it either but I guess it has to do with most peoples familiarity of car tire valves.
    I brake for stinkbugs

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sturge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    190
    I've been running Stan's tubeless conversion for the last year (Azonic Outlaw wheels)...the 'rim strip' came with a schrader. I was surprised by that but it has not been an issue...luckily my trail pump has a reversible fitting to fit schrader or presta. Having the schrader allows me to use my air compressor which makes tire changes faster...I would need to get an adapter for presta.

    I'm thinking the biggest reason wheels only come with presta is the bigger hole for a schrader would be a factor in wheel strength.
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler...still kicking
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL...

  33. #33
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,250
    After having used Shraeder valves for 45 years and Presta valves for 30 years I can say that Iím proficient at using both. It just takes a little practice. Keep at it, guys. Youíll get there.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    423
    ^^^^this^^^^

  35. #35
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    After having used Shraeder valves for 45 years and Presta valves for 30 years I can say that Iím proficient at using both. It just takes a little practice. Keep at it, guys. Youíll get there.
    Lol

    Are you trying to tell them it's not rocket science?
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    No way man! The great Vans debate of 18 was epic!

  36. #36
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,250
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Lol

    Are you trying to tell them it's not rocket science?
    It wasn't too indelicate I hope.

    I'd like to see the tubeless tire industry get rid of the need for sealant altogether. I picture some kind of puncture-sealing rubber that self-repairs without needing goo.

  37. #37
    oh my TVC 15
    Reputation: Forster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    It wasn't too indelicate I hope.

    I'd like to see the tubeless tire industry get rid of the need for sealant altogether. I picture some kind of puncture-sealing rubber that self-repairs without needing goo.
    Uniroyal did that for years but discontinued it. Doesn't seem to far fetched, but I don't know why Uniroyal discontinued their tires either. They were slightly heavy, but that's compared to regular tubeless tires, not to tubed tires. What I do remember is having dozens of pieces of metal in each tire when we replaced them due to wear. We live in the country so we'll see a flat or two every month some times with regular car tires.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

  38. #38
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    Uniroyal did that for years but discontinued it. Doesn't seem to far fetched, but I don't know why Uniroyal discontinued their tires either. They were slightly heavy, but that's compared to regular tubeless tires, not to tubed tires. What I do remember is having dozens of pieces of metal in each tire when we replaced them due to wear. We live in the country so we'll see a flat or two every month some times with regular car tires.
    Are you talking about Uniroyal bike tires or car tires?

  39. #39
    One ring to mash them all
    Reputation: the one ring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    513
    I Presta valve once. Air came out.
    Į\(į_o)/Į

  40. #40
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,250
    Quote Originally Posted by the one ring View Post
    I Presta valve once. Air came out.
    Ba dump bump...

    Shraedingerís valve. Just donít look at it and you wonít have to worry about it.

  41. #41
    Beer Please! SuperModerator
    Reputation: Klurejr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,491
    I never really liked Presta just because they were more fiddly than Schrader valves,


    But the one reason I can see where a Presta is slightly better is when one is running tubes. Presta Tubes allow you to lock the stem in place. I have had Schrader valves move when a tire/tube slipped a bit in the rim. Rarely happens, but it can I guess.

    Until I bought my current bike last summer I made a habit of drilling out rims and using Schrader tubes.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

    Know these before you post:
    MTBR Forum Posting Rules
    e-bike sub-forum rules

  42. #42
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,460
    Iíve always used Presta. I was running more of a XC rim for years and was bending them too easily for my type of riding and weight. So I special ordered beefier rims. They were a bit wider which is what I wanted to run bigger tires. I was surprised when they arrived drilled for Shraeder. They were drilled that way because of their width. Having always ran Presta and liking the lock nut with Presta I still wanted to run Presta. I had to get conversion sleeves that fit in the rim hole to accept a Presta stem. No big deal, but I learned early on to always carry a spare sleeve in my pack. On a trailside repair with that little sleeve I lost one.
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    No way man! The great Vans debate of 18 was epic!

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mack_turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,093
    Thorn in your Sidewall
    Vassago Jabberwocky

  44. #44
    Beer Please! SuperModerator
    Reputation: Klurejr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,491
    Good article, here is the most important part of it:

    So to sum up, the advantages of Presta valves are that they allow a higher air pressure, require a smaller hole in the rim and can be purchased in various lengths to suit the profile of your rims.

    Itís very unusual to see Schrader valves used on road bike tubes and wheels. Almost universally Prestaís are used, and for this reason there is a very good likelihood that Prestaís are what youíve got. So the argument about Presta vs Schrader is immaterial, youíre unlikely to find a Schrader on a road bike any time soon, though plenty of people want to.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

    Know these before you post:
    MTBR Forum Posting Rules
    e-bike sub-forum rules

  45. #45
    Combat Wombat
    Reputation: BrianU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    It wasn't too indelicate I hope.

    I'd like to see the tubeless tire industry get rid of the need for sealant altogether. I picture some kind of puncture-sealing rubber that self-repairs without needing goo.
    Sounds like you are talking about something close to the original UST tires, when sealant was only required for punctures. Back around 2003, I bought a bike that came with a set of UST Mavic XL wheels. It was amazing how well the UST Hutchinson and later, even the UST Conti Vertical Pros, held air. I have never had anything else, both tubes and tubeless requiring sealant, come close. Considering how many times throughout the year sealant has to be added to today's tubeless tires, I wonder just how much more of a weight penalty there was with the original UST tires?

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ARandomBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,052
    I used to use Shrader valves on my old FS bike with Azonic rims. I bought a 4pack of alloy all metal automotive valves from Amazon, they worked just fine and never leaked.
    If we as a sport weíre voting on a standard, Iíd have no problem with schrader, and might prefer it to presta, but presta doesnít bother me and works just fine. Iíve never broken a valve and the rare times they clog, I just remove the core and jam a spare spoke in there. All better. Iíve never had a problem refilling sealant, I just pour sealant into an old OrangeSeal bottle with the little plastic tube, which fits over my presta stem perfectly and squeeze it in. Then replace the core and inflate.
    I use presta now because even though my rims are 50mm wide, thereís no way in hell I'm drilling carbon.
    Donít modify the trail to match your skills, modify your skills to match the trails.

  47. #47
    My other ride
    Reputation: Sidewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,345
    I'm waiting for the new pressfit boost valves to become standard before I upgrade.

  48. #48
    No good in rock gardens..
    Reputation: Sideknob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    4,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    We need a new type of valve, one that's bigger than a Presta, and smaller than a Schrader!
    We need a new industry standard!

    Like press-fit valves, tapered valves, carbon valves (is my valve cracked?) etc.

    Whatever it is, I want it long, and I want it low.
    Less isn't MOAR

  49. #49
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,250
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianU View Post
    Sounds like you are talking about something close to the original UST tires, when sealant was only required for punctures.
    That doesn't sound anything like what I said.

  50. #50
    nimble biker
    Reputation: Picard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,596
    all MTB rims are equipped with presta nowadays. It is impossible to get schrader valves. I noticed presta valves leak air quickly regardless if they are aluminum or carbon. The sealant works fine on the rim but I can hear the air gushing out of presta screw at the bottom.

    Should I seal the presta with locktite?

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    277
    Three bikes with presta, three with schrader.

    I've put Schrader on my gravity bikes, figuring it's more robust for rock strikes

    I check tyre pressure before every ride, so couldn't care about minor leaks.

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ARandomBiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,052
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    The sealant works fine on the rim but I can hear the air gushing out of presta screw at the bottom.

    Should I seal the presta with locktite?
    You should take your wheels to a shop for proper taping. I literally believe that my 6 y/o son could tighten the nut on a tubeless valve stem enough to prevent air from "gushing out".

    I once tightened the keep nut down on a new set up, dunked it in my swimming pool to look for leaks, found none and rode the wheels for several weeks before finding the little o-ring that goes under the nut was lying on my work bench. I just unscrewed the nut and popped on the o-ring then replaced the nut. I didn't let the air out of my tire before I did this, and my tire never went flat.
    If your valve stem leaks at the rim, it isn't the valve stem... it's YOU.
    if the rim isn't taped properly you could tighten the valve tight enough to crush the rim channel and it would still leak, presta or schrader. it's not presta's fault.
    Donít modify the trail to match your skills, modify your skills to match the trails.

  53. #53
    oh my TVC 15
    Reputation: Forster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Are you talking about Uniroyal bike tires or car tires?
    Sorry, Uniroyal Car tires. Not too unusual for me to think something but not type it.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: aliikane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,058
    Presta does works for tubeless, but if you wiggle the valve a little it will start leaking air.

  55. #55
    noob bikepacker
    Reputation: sXeXBMXer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,187
    will schrader work for tubeless?
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro

  56. #56
    www.HSmtb.org
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    Good article, here is the most important part of it:
    So to sum up, the advantages of Presta valves are that they allow a higher air pressure, require a smaller hole in the rim and can be purchased in various lengths to suit the profile of your rims.

    Itís very unusual to see Schrader valves used on road bike tubes and wheels. Almost universally Prestaís are used, and for this reason there is a very good likelihood that Prestaís are what youíve got. So the argument about Presta vs Schrader is immaterial, youíre unlikely to find a Schrader on a road bike any time soon, though plenty of people want to.
    Not a question specifically to you (since you're just posting what you read), but I don't understand how they can claim that Presta holds a higher air pressure when Schrader valves are used on air shocks. The article doesn't give any support to this the higher air pressure theory at all.

  57. #57
    Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    Reputation: alexbn921's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,772
    Both valves can take several thousand PSI. 1000's not a typo. Nothing on a bike will exceed their capacity.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by alexbn921 View Post
    Both valves can take several thousand PSI. 1000's not a typo. Nothing on a bike will exceed their capacity.
    Err no, cheap Chinese schrader valves are good for 200 psi working pressure, will fail at 600. Real Schrader International valve assemblies are rated at a working to failure ratio of 1:4. I've bought some real Schrader International valves rated for 800psi to use in shock rebuilds after the cheap Chinese stuff was loosing pressure quicker then I liked. Even the valves sold at hydraulic suppliers are usually rated at 450psi.

    Getting them to seal can be tricky, the challenge is the valve seat needs to be machined super smooth.

  59. #59
    Mudhorse
    Reputation: Grassington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    244
    I like Presta valves; nice and easy to let a bit of air out when setting the pressure. Admittedly it's also easy to accidentally let a bit of air out when screwing down the little knurled locking nubbin, but this can be avoided by pulling down on it gently while tightening.

    I'm surprised the Woods (Dunlop) valve hasn't made a comeback - it seems ideally suited to tubeless setups, having a core that doesn't require tools to remove (pic from The Smut Pedaller):

    Why presta valve?-woods-valve.jpg

    When I were a lad, puncture repair kits came with a little rubber tube for repairing your Woods valve. And a little cube of French chalk, dammit. Anyhoo, Woods valves require the same size rim holes as Schrader and use the same pump attachment as Presta. I haven't seen one in the UK for years, but apparently the Dutch are still fond of the things.

    For the record, Schrader, Presta and Woods tube valve stems are all available with rim lockrings so there's no reason any of these three systems can't be manufactured as a tubeless valve.
    Hose me down till the water runs clear.

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: azimiut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    240
    why couldnt you use something like a sports ball style fill valve with a needle? harder to let air out if needed though.
    I used to see a lot of UFO's. However I just realized I'm simply bad at identifying things.

  61. #61
    Go faster!
    Reputation: tkrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    178
    For the record, I do not have a valve bias.

    Just thought i'd chime in with a pic of some old 26" stans rim strips that were mentioned earlier in the thread. I ran the strips about 9(?) years ago. Because I primarily ride presta, I also included a picture of a presta tube with removable valve core. The tube is a little off topic but I think its worth sharing in this conversation.

    Why presta valve?-20171226_101616.jpg

    Why presta valve?-20171226_101714.jpg

  62. #62
    Silentfoe's best friend
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    306
    Air shocks and forks use Schrader valves. Clearly they're capable of high pressures. My rear shock pressures are set at over 200 psi.

    With tubeless taking over MTB, it would be trivial to create a Schrader valve stem that fits in a rim drilled for Presta.

    Will it actually happen? Maybe, but I just don't see people caring enough. I don't love my Presta stems but I certainly don't mind them.

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MSU Alum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,386
    The inner cross section of a rim is often curved. Being of smaller diameter, a presta fits into this curve more easily and can provide a pretty airtight connection. If the inner contact of the rim is flatter, a Schrader would work just as well.

  64. #64
    Will crash for rim brakes
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by sXeXBMXer View Post
    I am in the same camp. My tires leak air equally as much with both (presta's on my MTB, Schrader's on BMX). My son has Schraer's on his 26er tubes and they rarely leak...

    to each his own I guess....

    will Schrader's work in a tubeless set up?

    First off, congrats to Picard for a very good question (some of the more cynical types would say his first good question).

    Yes, Presta valves get stiff, in fact yesterday I had to use gloves to open it for some air in the tube. I only have one deep-dish rim now out of 6 rims total but almost all the tubes I have are Presta. Once you get used to them they are fine. If they get clogged with sealant just rotate the valve so it's up to the top of the wheel, wait a few moments, then try to open it.

    But the question that's quoted is also very good. I'm going tubeless soon (no rush in the Winter for this) and the only tubeless valves I've seen are Prestas, I assume because they don't want you using an electrical tire pump (compressor) for risk of blowing up the bike tire, since the car tire pump will push air into the bike tire super fast. They want you to use a normal pump for liability reasons. However some people (see post below about Stan's tires) use the air compressor. I heard you have to time it right or the tire will unseat and sealant goes everywhere.

    I've seen a different method that seems more civilized: you pump up the tire manually until it just seats, then reduce pressure until you can just open up one small part of the tire on the rim, pour or inject the sealant, close tire, finish pumping up manually. Anyone do the 2nd method?
    "If my songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold, then I'll ask the final question, if the answer could be sold"

  65. #65
    Pos rep makes me sad
    Reputation: dv8zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    293
    How do you open up one small part of the tire without fully unseating the bead on that side? If you could do that, I'd be worried about the tire fit.

    One nice thing about presta is that the valve cap threads don't eat up the pump head. The pump usually seals on a smoother part of the valve. Unless it's some lame design that rolls threads along the entire shaft for the valve nut.
    Tell me when I'm wrong. Neg rep me. I will appreciate it, even if you don't explain why I'm wrong.

  66. #66
    Will crash for rim brakes
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8zen View Post
    How do you open up one small part of the tire without fully unseating the bead on that side? If you could do that, I'd be worried about the tire fit.

    One nice thing about presta is that the valve cap threads don't eat up the pump head. The pump usually seals on a smoother part of the valve. Unless it's some lame design that rolls threads along the entire shaft for the valve nut.
    I can't find the U-tube video of pouring sealing in. This other guy used a syringe and needle right through the tire, when it was physically seated (not pressure seated) but only had like 10 psi in, he then pumped up afterwards so method is same except for injection vs. pouring:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX5AOSSn3sA
    "If my songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold, then I'll ask the final question, if the answer could be sold"

  67. #67
    Beer Please! SuperModerator
    Reputation: Klurejr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,491
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8zen View Post
    How do you open up one small part of the tire without fully unseating the bead on that side? If you could do that, I'd be worried about the tire fit.
    I just did this a few days ago.

    We used a compressor to seat the tire with the core removed from the Presta Valve. Once seated we let the air out, the tire stays seated, pressure is not what keeps the tire seated, same with a car tire.

    Then we added the sealant, pressured back up and then quickly put the core back in, any pressure lost during that brief moment can be re-applied via a floor pump.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

    Know these before you post:
    MTBR Forum Posting Rules
    e-bike sub-forum rules

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: J.B. Weld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,647
    Quote Originally Posted by richj8990 View Post
    I've seen a different method that seems more civilized: you pump up the tire manually until it just seats, then reduce pressure until you can just open up one small part of the tire on the rim, pour or inject the sealant, close tire, finish pumping up manually. Anyone do the 2nd method?
    No need to open the tire, just fill through the valve after the tire is seated (like Klurejr mentioned)

    My question- why not presta valves? I can almost always remove and install a presta valve core with my fingers, you need a tool with schraders for sure.
    I brake for stinkbugs

  69. #69
    That guy
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,625
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    I can almost always remove and install a presta valve core with my fingers, you need a tool with schraders for sure.
    Are all Presta valves removable? I thought only the ones with flat sides where you can get a small wrench on them were able to be removed, like on Q-Tubes.
    American Idle

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: slowpoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Are all Presta valves removable? I thought only the ones with flat sides where you can get a small wrench on them were able to be removed, like on Q-Tubes.
    I was looking for an emergency tube last night and some said ďnon removableĒ.

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: J.B. Weld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Are all Presta valves removable? I thought only the ones with flat sides where you can get a small wrench on them were able to be removed, like on Q-Tubes.
    Lots of them are, all tubeless vales are removable as far as I know.
    I brake for stinkbugs

  72. #72
    That guy
    Reputation: Cornfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,625
    Quote Originally Posted by slowpoker View Post
    I was looking for an emergency tube last night and some said ďnon removableĒ.
    On the tube itself? I never thought to check there.

    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    Lots of them are, all tubeless vales are removable as far as I know.
    Ahh, I spaced out on the fact that you were talking about tubeless stems.
    American Idle

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: J.B. Weld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post

    Ahh, I spaced out on the fact that you were talking about tubeless stems.

    Not just tubeless stems but I figured they're more applicable because of the need to install sealant.
    I brake for stinkbugs

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation: slowpoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    On the tube itself? I never thought to check there.
    Naw. Was shopping online.

  75. #75
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,250
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheDood View Post
    I just don't see people caring enough.
    Thatís the crux of the matter there. (Almost) no one gives valves a second thought.

    People clamor for standardization and Presta valves are one example of a place where almost the entire industry uses a standard item. Isnít that what we wanted?

  76. #76
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Thatís the crux of the matter there. (Almost) no one gives valves a second thought.

    People clamor for standardization and Presta valves are one example of a place where almost the entire industry uses a standard item. Isnít that what we wanted?
    And Presta valves have been the main valve used in mountain biking since the mid 90ís. Thatís a long time with a standard in the industry. Problem is newcomers to the sport are used to the ease of Shrader coming from kids bikes and cruiser bikes. So thereís a slight learning curve with Presta. No big deal just a bit different than Shrader.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    No way man! The great Vans debate of 18 was epic!

  77. #77
    Pos rep makes me sad
    Reputation: dv8zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    293
    Why presta valve?-shimano-wh-m970-valve-unit.jpg

    Where ever Shimano and Easton got their UST valves from, they didn't get the kind with removable cores.
    Tell me when I'm wrong. Neg rep me. I will appreciate it, even if you don't explain why I'm wrong.

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: azimiut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    240
    some of my tubes have removable presta cores and some do not. Forte 29 presta tubes do not have removable cores but 27.5 and 26 do. but I run tubeless on most of my bikes.

    I still dont know why you couldnt do something like a ball fill valve for a tubeless set up. Obviously its hard to lower the air pressure.

    Why presta valve?-f6h7r0qigdz3tph.large.jpg
    I used to see a lot of UFO's. However I just realized I'm simply bad at identifying things.

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation: J.B. Weld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,647
    Quote Originally Posted by azimiut View Post
    I still dont know why you couldnt do something like a ball fill valve for a tubeless set up. Obviously its hard to lower the air pressure.

    I see no advantages and lots of disadvantages, how would you put sealant in?
    I brake for stinkbugs

  80. #80
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,250
    Quote Originally Posted by azimiut View Post

    I still dont know why you couldnt do something like a ball fill valve for a tubeless set up. Obviously its hard to lower the air pressure.
    Would you be able to blow in a high volume of air quickly enough to seat the beads?

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: sturge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    190
    Ironically, the 'industry' forced a recent change on me (at least Stan's did). Been mountain biking since 90's and always had Presta with no issues. I finally tried tubeless a year ago and bought a Stan's conversion kit for my Heckler (26" Azonic Outlaw rims). Surprisingly, the strips came with Schrader. They have worked fine...I have grown to appreciate the ability to just hit it with my air compressor hose to top it off.

    I just picked up a new Kona Process 153 which came with tubeless ready 27.5 rims...and Presta. Will soon be taping rims and running tubeless so now I will have both valve types on my two steeds. Not a big deal but sort of a pain in the arse having both valve types. To simplify, I will eventually convert the Schraders on the Heckler back to Presta.
    12 Santa Cruz Heckler...still kicking
    18 Kona Process 153 AL/DL...

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: azimiut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    240
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Would you be able to blow in a high volume of air quickly enough to seat the beads?
    that would be the only issue. you could put the sealant in the tire then seat the bead. that is how I have always done it. only once have I got a stans facial.
    I used to see a lot of UFO's. However I just realized I'm simply bad at identifying things.

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: J.B. Weld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,647
    Quote Originally Posted by azimiut View Post
    that would be the only issue. you could put the sealant in the tire then seat the bead. that is how I have always done it. only once have I got a stans facial.

    I've only seen those type of valves on low pressure applications, I suppose it could be refined though. Then we'd all need new pumps. To each his own but to me breaking the bead to install sealant seems messy and complicated compared to just injecting it in the valve, especially for top ups.

    What's wrong with presta?
    I brake for stinkbugs

  84. #84
    ultra grumpy
    Reputation: noapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaponized View Post
    Lighter lighter and more aero I could buy but those qualities aren't exactly needed in a mountain bike tire. they make metal shrader's so the other two are a bit moot. Quite frankly I think Europe is punishing us for not adopting the metric system
    Isn't not adopting the metric system punishment enough?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Dropper valves!
    Tres aero! C'est si bon!

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lone Rager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,058
    Quote Originally Posted by sturge View Post
    ...the strips came with Schrader. ...I have grown to appreciate the ability to just hit it with my air compressor hose to top it off....
    I can top off my mtb presta valved tires with my compressor, which has a presta chuck. Unfortunately I need to have a schrader chuck for it to work for my car and motor bike tires.

    In practice, however, I feel it's quicker/easier to do it with a couple of strokes of a floor pump with an accurate low pressure gauge.
    Do the math.

  86. #86
    nimble biker
    Reputation: Picard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,596
    is schrader better than presta?
    all walmart bikes use schrader valves. how can those cheap chinese bikes don't follow the bike industry presta valves?

    it seems the main stream bike industry changed valve without notifying the public. presta valves fail quickly. I had to change several presta valves over the year.

  87. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LarryFahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,996
    After reading this thread, I feel like the world's finest bike mechanic. Wow!

    Presta valves described as "finicky" and others saying they "leak". I'm not sure why they'd do that considering that big chunk of rubber on the inside that forms to the rim profile (which has nothing to do with P vs S). If a valve seems "finicky" to you, please do not try to true a wheel, build a wheel, rebuild a hub, change brake pads, adjust a derailleur or attempt to ride your bicycle as they are all harder things to do than tighten a valve.

    Now, if you want to argue about tubes vs tubeless and losing air, that can be an argument.

    Ttyl, Fahn
    Hubbard Bike Club

  88. #88
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    is schrader better than presta?
    No, itís just different.

    Some people have a hard time with different though.

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation: tom erb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    43
    After having used Shraeder valves for 60 years and Presta valves for 27 years I can say Presta valves still suck..........

  90. #90
    Nat
    Nat is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    12,250
    Quote Originally Posted by tom erb View Post
    After having used Shraeder valves for 60 years and Presta valves for 27 years I can say Presta valves still suck..........
    What kind of problem are you having with them?

  91. #91
    Will crash for rim brakes
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    is schrader better than presta?
    all walmart bikes use schrader valves. how can those cheap chinese bikes don't follow the bike industry presta valves?

    it seems the main stream bike industry changed valve without notifying the public. presta valves fail quickly. I had to change several presta valves over the year.
    Picard what do you mean by they failed? Did the bottom part snap when you put the air pump on crooked? I'm really careful about that. And yes they are more finicky, even though I prefer them. With Schraeder valves you just hook on the air pump, close the lever, and pump. With Presta you have to unscrew the valve screw, push it up to make sure air goes out, then pull it all the way down, carefully put on the air pump to a certain point (the valve should go not too shallow or too deep into the pump hole), then close lever and pump. It's a lot more trouble to hook up the pump with a Presta valve, but once you know how to do it, it takes like 15 seconds vs. 5 seconds for Schraeder.

    When you mean you had to change Presta valves, were you doing tubeless and couldn't get the core valve back in? Or you threw out the tube and valve together? Please elaborate.
    "If my songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold, then I'll ask the final question, if the answer could be sold"

  92. #92
    nimble biker
    Reputation: Picard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,596
    Quote Originally Posted by richj8990 View Post
    Picard what do you mean by they failed? Did the bottom part snap when you put the air pump on crooked? I'm really careful about that. And yes they are more finicky, even though I prefer them. With Schraeder valves you just hook on the air pump, close the lever, and pump. With Presta you have to unscrew the valve screw, push it up to make sure air goes out, then pull it all the way down, carefully put on the air pump to a certain point (the valve should go not too shallow or too deep into the pump hole), then close lever and pump. It's a lot more trouble to hook up the pump with a Presta valve, but once you know how to do it, it takes like 15 seconds vs. 5 seconds for Schraeder.

    When you mean you had to change Presta valves, were you doing tubeless and couldn't get the core valve back in? Or you threw out the tube and valve together? Please elaborate.
    the tip of presta valve break too easily if it hits tree branch. I had to replace it at bike shop several times.

  93. #93
    Formerly of Kent
    Reputation: Le Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    the tip of presta valve break too easily if it hits tree branch. I had to replace it at bike shop several times.
    The key is to not hit tree branches with the inside of your wheels. Are you regularly breaking spokes, too?

    I've been riding Presta valves for over a decade and never broken one while riding.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

  94. #94
    Sneaker man
    Reputation: mik_git's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    The key is to not hit tree branches with the inside of your wheels. Are you regularly breaking spokes, too?

    I've been riding Presta valves for over a decade and never broken one while riding.

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    I broke one once... but I also had like 8 spokes get ripped out out the same time...
    I've had a few, quite a few really schraders get torn at the valve from the tube moving, but since swapping to presta in 1993/4, zero issues. Also found that schrader could fill up with gunk and then leak.

    Thing is, if you find you need to help someone on the trail (you, friend, random person stuck) with a tube, and you have schrader and they have presta drilled rims, then it's no help at all. Honestly I didn't even know people still used schrader any more, like since the mid 90's.
    All the gear and no idea.

  95. #95
    Pos rep makes me sad
    Reputation: dv8zen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    293
    I broke one a week or two ago. I just twisted the top right off. I think the pin fell in. I just replaced the valve core, since I made a habit of removing valve cores out of tubes before preparing to discard them.
    Tell me when I'm wrong. Neg rep me. I will appreciate it, even if you don't explain why I'm wrong.

  96. #96
    Will crash for rim brakes
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    the tip of presta valve break too easily if it hits tree branch. I had to replace it at bike shop several times.
    Uh...how high are you taking jumps? Into trees? I'm not sure if that qualifies as a nimble biker. Does the bike look like this afterwards? (Just kidding)Why presta valve?-doc2.pdf

    Or does Canada have miniature trees or something? I think you mean bushes that have strong branch-like outgrowths, correct? I've hit bush branches that were pretty thick and strong, enough to scrape me up but that was at a 4-5 foot height.
    "If my songs become my freedom, and my freedom turns to gold, then I'll ask the final question, if the answer could be sold"

  97. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DethWshBkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,954
    I always thought the presta valve was sort of a "safety". Since you don't have a spring in there holding the valve shut, but rather the air pressure AND a "lock nut" you ensured you wouldn't get any air leakage by the internal gasket. Bicycle tires have such a low volume, that ANY air loss is a pretty serious pressure drop.


    Dunno. I've only ever had ONE presta valve snap off when turning the head, so no big deal here.
    "Go soothingly in the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon"

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation: solarplex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,136
    Ive had schraders rip right off the tubes removing the pump.

    Only when some one newly gets a bike with presta do people hate them. Once you get a proper pump its nbd. For setting up tubeless i pull the core and hit it with the compressor to pop the beads. Then deflate and squeeze in the fluid and put the valve on and pump with my floor pump.
    Fatbike, XC bike, Gravel Bike....

  99. #99
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    30,460

    Why Presta valve?

    Has anybody asked: Why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by WHALENARD View Post
    No way man! The great Vans debate of 18 was epic!

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: J.B. Weld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    8,647
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Has anybody asked: Why not?

    Yep, twice.
    I brake for stinkbugs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Presta Valve inflation with an Air Compressor
    By campybike in forum Tooltime
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 03:03 PM
  2. Looking for tubes with removeable Presta valve core in San Jose
    By astrahsburg in forum California - Norcal
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2011, 07:45 PM
  3. Breaking Presta valve tips
    By claydough001 in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 06:21 PM
  4. Presta Valve Core ?
    By Chase1996 in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 01:05 PM
  5. Presta or Scharder Valve?
    By Leighw85 in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-16-2011, 09:31 AM

Members who have read this thread: 463

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •