mtbr member
    May 2011

White Lightning Easy Clean

Hey guys,

Have you ever tried this stuff?

I picked some up from Walmart for $5 and wasn't expecting it to work wonders, but for $5 i thought i'd give it a shot and WOW. It just disolves all the dirt. It's made my 7yr old crank and derailleur look like new again !!

I'm worried though that it's doing damage elsewhere? Like being corrosive or something? I dunno, I was a little paranoid and rinsed with water, even though it says don't... Just seems to good to be true to me..

Anyone else tried it? Looking for some more experiencied opinions of the stuff. I only bought a small 6oz can, and done the whole lot on one clean.. So before i go stocking up on the stuff, i just wanna make sure there's no downside to using it on my components.

Thanks.

nocturnal oblivion
    The stuff does work great, didn't cause any rust btw. Rinsing with water and leaving your chain wet on the other hand will.
    I haven't bought another can because it's easy to go through a can really quick when you see how well it works. $$$
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

nocturnal oblivion
    Something I just picked up in another thread and hadn't considered: "I've seen major issues with folks using the neato, nifty chain cleaners...seems that the degreaser penetrates the hub seal and breaks down the grease. Imagine that...."-trboxman
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Here is the whimis information for White Lightning Easy Clean.

http://www.setonresourcecenter.com/m...SY%20CLEAN.pdf

What is interesting is White Lightning is owned by Finish Line.