mtbr member

Where to search for Trail information ?

Does anyone know what site is the best to use when searching for Trails in different states or searching for trail information and all of the particulars?

I have been using Traillink.com which does list most of the trails, however, it seems there is not very detailed or specific information regarding the individual trails.

Perhaps this site is the best but I would like to know if other members use other resources that might be better. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickcin View Post
    Does anyone know what site is the best to use when searching for Trails in different states or searching for trail information and all of the particulars?

I have been using Traillink.com which does list most of the trails, however, it seems there is not very detailed or specific information regarding the individual trails.

Perhaps this site is the best but I would like to know if other members use other resources that might be better. Thanks
    Local information will always be the best.

It's about showing up.
    Have you ever used the Trails forum here on MTBR. While it doesn't give you thew most up-to-the-minute info, the input is generally local and useful.

In our NorCal regional forum on MTBR people post all the time for the latest info on a particular trail, grapevine-like, and the response is fantastic. This utility has been developed organically in the NorCal/MTBR community over the years.
    I don't rattle.

AZ
    banned
    LBS for the local intel.

mtbr member
    Mike,
    You are correct, this site is loaded with knowledgeable members who are very helpful and willing to share their knowledge and experiences, so this might just be the best link!

Thanks for your reply!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I was looking for an app that gives trail info but haven't come up with anything dedicated in the apple app store. Im new to the site so haven't really spent much time looking here yet, but I'll be sure to check around here first.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sprknranger View Post
    I was looking for an app that gives trail info but haven't come up with anything dedicated in the apple app store. Im new to the site so haven't really spent much time looking here yet, but I'll be sure to check around here first.
    There is an app called All Trails.