Huckin' trails

Where to get those headset top caps ?

I've only saw them on some RM Flatline and no info on the web. I had a hard time simply finding the pic attached.

Only interest is purely bling factor, but it's a nice touch of detail IMO.

I was also thinking about making one out of alloy. Not much complicated with the right tools at the machine shop.

Any idea ?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

Dirt Huffer
    They sell them on ebay. Just search headset cap

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by AC/BC View Post
    They sell them on ebay. Just search headset cap
    Oh, I did. And no results for those caps. I saw all kind of fancy caps, but they were all full ones, not like this one that has an arch type look. They were some round one with drilled holes, but that's pretty much it.
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    The 2011 (not sure of other years) Specialized Camber uses a similar looking headset cap. Image 3 in Official Specialized Camber Thread shows what I'm talking about.

Huckin' trails
    Pretty close, but still no info on the manufacturer or where to get them...

Thanks

Huckin' trails
    Closest one I could find on eBay would be similar to the one of The Specialized Camber, but that's it... I'd prefer the original one.

Those looks very cheap either....

Alloy 1 1/8" Headset Top Cap Star Nut & Bolt Gold 11g | eBay
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where to get those headset top caps ?-%24-kgrhqmokowe1z-ytje1bndkff2bng%7E%7E_3.jpg  

Huckin' trails
    I found back the OP pic.

In bigger size.

It says "Cane Creek"

I'll try to find more info.

Edit : Looks like a 2010 model Cane Creek headset. They don't list it anymore on their website...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where to get those headset top caps ?-p4pb6501591.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

banned
    Being able to see the star nut and open to contaminents really is'nt that appealing. Reminds me of an ash tray.

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Troll View Post
    Being able to see the star nut and open to contaminents really is'nt that appealing. Reminds me of an ash tray.
    Contaminants.... Like everything else that touch your bike ?

Nickel Havr
    I like the PurelyCustom.com caps... They aren't like the one pictured but you can completely customize it!

https://www.purelycustom.com/c-36-he...mp-screws.aspx

This is mine...

EDIT: Their customer service is top notch!
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blake
    Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street .

Huckin' trails
    Nice one

I think I'm gonna CNC'd my own cap. Would be lot more fun then buying one

Nickel Havr
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    Nice one

I think I'm gonna CNC'd my own cap. Would be lot more fun then buying one
    When you have the right tools!

I'd love to have a CNC mill... But can think of better things to drop $100k+ on.

On the bright side... Once you can machine what you want you can then sell em and make some money...
    Quote Originally Posted by William Blake
    Great things are done when men and mountains meet. This is not done by jostling in the street .

Huckin' trails
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckstream1 View Post
    When you have the right tools!

I'd love to have a CNC mill... But can think of better things to drop $100k+ on.

On the bright side... Once you can machine what you want you can then sell em and make some money...
    I don't own any machine shop power tools like a CNC mill or else. My uncle has some good machine shop tools (he was a machinist) and got the knowledge. Plus at my college we got everything you could ever dream of, like big size CNC mills, computerized 3D sculpting machines, many of them, mills, etc. That I can use for free with the help of one of the technician, who's super nice btw. Plus we can get just about any material in any quantity or size we want at discounted price from the distributor, but we have to pay it. I could even do it in Ti or high grade stainless, but I'm gonna pay a lot for the puck of Ti or SS and have the final product only using 2-3 grams of it... I'll stick with aluminum, since the top cap it more to preload the headset then to hold it, because the stem would clamp everything in place, so I might just use a regular top cap to preload everything, then switch to the special top cap after clamping the stem.