Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Dirt Huffer

Where does one order Foakley's? (fake Oakleys)

Im looking for a some knockoffs. Where would I go online to find them?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    chinatown?
    "Shut up legs!"- Jens Voigt

mtbr member
    Somebody in my area has selling them on craigslist for a couple of months...

http://fayar.craigslist.org/clo/2364444435.html

Another listing warning people that they are bogus...

http://fayar.craigslist.org/clo/2368334797.html

Mountain Man Dan
    How could you live with yourself buying fake Oakleys? Buy the real thing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Fleabay, craigslist, any big city tourist area.
    Remember though, owning counterfeit items is almost as bad as selling them. Illegal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ProjectDan35
    How could you live with yourself buying fake Oakleys? Buy the real thing.
    Saving $100+ on a pair of sunglass will go a long ways in helping me feel better about myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster
    Saving $100+ on a pair of sunglass will go a long ways in helping me feel better about myself.
    Paying for eye surgery in the near future is waaay more expensive than buying sunglasses that have UV protection.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    If you're just looking for functional glasses, anything will do. I got a pair of (real) Chili's from REI for $40. They're UV protection, and they're polarized.

If you're looking for the name, just paint a big "O" on the frame of whatever glasses you have now. It looks real enough.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Chain love

the "oakleys" I got from Chain Love turned out to be fake.
    at least the lenses are fake.

mtbr member
    Why not just buy some cheap, UV rated specs from someone like Endura or Bloc or Madison?

Otherwise, Ebay with worldwide search ticked.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Virgil
    Paying for eye surgery in the near future is waaay more expensive than buying sunglasses that have UV protection.
    While I don't agree with buying knockoffs, your statement above is ignorant. Even the cheapest plastic lenses filter out almost all UV radiation. Buying more expensive glasses does not get your better eye protection. It simply gives you higher quality, more durable plastics.
    Last edited by ljsmith; 05-15-2011 at 07:37 PM.
    2012 On One Whippet 650b
    2012 Santa Cruz TRc 650b
    2014 On One Dirty Disco
    2010 Soma Groove
    1987 Haro RS1

usually cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    While I don't agree with buying knockoffs, your statement above is ignorant. Even the cheapest plastic lenses filter out almost all UV radiation. Buying more expensive glasses does not get your better eye protection. It simply gives you highly quality, more durable plastics.
    yep, i have some cheapies, 100% uv and uva protection but the optics are hazy.

mtbr member
    I say go for the real thing. I have a pair of Oakley sunglasses. I forget the model name, but it has "Jacket" in it and is made of some super light plastic. I bought it about 5, 6, or 7 years ago and it still holds up and in one piece. Great quality, super light, and still looks cool even if it's a very old model. I think I paid a tad over $100 at Sunglass Hut back then (now I wouldn't bother spending that much on sunglasses). It was a bit expensive for me then, but I wanted to look cool.

The only thing that I dislike about it is that I couldn't wear a Fox Flux helmet with it necause the the back of the Flux is wide and got in the way of the Oakley "arms" so that I couldn't properly wear them. I evetually soild the Flux but now I miss it because it was one of the most comfortable and best-fitting helmet. It's just that I ride only with my Oakley.

Get the real thing, man. You don't want to get close to a girl only to have her say "What, are those Foakley?"

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    I bought mine from a beach vendor near Cancun. They broke. I need to return for a new pair.

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    I've got four real pairs and three fakes. The fakes are all clear, and used as cheap disposables for night riding.

I've taken one pair of fakes and tried to break the lenses with my hands- whatever they are made of, they are plenty tough and did not break.

In my part of the world, Oakely CS is utter garbage, so I have no qualms going the fake route or buying Rudy Projects.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Virgil
    It doesn't matter to me...I actually own a real pair of Oakleys though they are misplaced at the moment and I can get them direct from Oakely at half price anyways...it just sucks paying so much for sun glasses...even the half price prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member
    Look into US Standard Issue (Oakley's discount stuff for those that serve) if you are a LE, EMS, Fire fighter, or military, or know someone that is. You can't get everything they offer, but there's a pretty good selection and the prices are WAY lower than you pay normally.

Just an example...Halfjackets retail for $130ish...I can get them for $80. Not a bad discount on the real deal ordering directly from Oakley too so you know it's legit.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I bought a pair of optic nerve glasses with multiple interchangeable lenses on bike nashbar for $25 around 10 years ago. I still wear them. Clear or orange lens for riding and brown for summer time. $25 well spent.

mtbr member
    Yeah, there's plenty of glasses out there that are as nice as Oakleys but without the stupid price tags. I have two pair...one was given to me and one I bought a few years ago but they were a lot cheaper than now through the discount program. I think I paid $55 or something like that. I don't even think I'd pay $80 now for a pair. I love them but just not worth the money. I will say that the polarized lenses from Oakley are awesome. I haven't tried other brand lenses so I can't say if Oakley is the best or not. I'm sure there's other brands just as good for less.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    you can get Oakley look-a-like glasses almost anywhere but without the "O" or "Oakley" trademark and then they are completely legit. I would just use "cheaper" brands from REI or Sports Authority instead of actual counterfeit.

Reason being is knock-offs are usually "smuggled" into the USA and thus not held to FDA standards such as the lenses not shattering into a million pieces if you crash and piercing your eyes out. I would be far more concerned about that then UV protection

you are better off with $15 safety glasses from Lowes or Home Depot. The optics will be similar, but the safety glasses will be impact rated. maybe cheaper, too.

mtbr member
    The problem with counterfeit items besides the ethics and laws is if you order them online you run the risk of the FBI and Ice shutting down the website and seizing the shipment leaving you with no way to get your money back.

DFMBA.org

Where does one order Foakley's? (fake Oakleys)

I bought an expensive pair of faukleys ($25-30) eBay and they're still going. The polarized lens is really 'polarized' and the case and frames are pretty solid.

Edit: I had a real pair once but they got swallowed up by the Pacific Ocean. That was a painful moment.
    Last edited by MTBeing; 04-02-2014 at 02:07 PM.
    Please donate to IMBA or your local IMBA chapter. It's trail karma.

Rogue Exterminator
    Buying counterfeit is the same as stealing.
    That puts you in the same category as bicycle thieves.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    second the home depot safety glasses. they work fine.

never pay more than 20 bucks for eyewear, unless you like to impress people with your spendy high dollar image...which no one cares about anyway

expensive eyewear is a total scam. sure oakley pays for research but el-cheapo glasses are just as safe and uv protection and all that...just don't order off ebay or craigslist go to home depot or zenni optical

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast