mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Where can I buy Shimano Acera X Dual SIS shifter and / or brake?

Greetings:

My sister gives me her 2 years old mountain bike. The 3 speeds Shimano Acera X Dual Sis shifter in the front where the pedal is can no longer shift. I google but from the pictures I am unable to find the same or similar in shape. Can someone please point me into the right direction of where to get either the same or equivalent entire brake - shifter assembly, or just the replacement for the shifter?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by pwanghk
    Greetings:

My sister gives me her 2 years old mountain bike. The 3 speeds Shimano Acera X Dual Sis shifter in the front where the pedal is can no longer shift. I google but from the pictures I am unable to find the same or similar in shape. Can someone please point me into the right direction of where to get either the same or equivalent entire brake - shifter assembly, or just the replacement for the shifter?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
    http://www.universalcycles.com/shopp...p?category=772

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I don't see anything equivalent to the one I had. Mine was mounted to the brake handle with a hex screw. All I have seen is mounted to the handle bar.

Anyway, thanks for the link.

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by pwanghk
    I don't see anything equivalent to the one I had. Mine was mounted to the brake handle with a hex screw. All I have seen is mounted to the handle bar.

Anyway, thanks for the link.
    Yes, you probably have to replace the whole thing...lacking pictures to show specifics, there isn't much anybody on MTBR is going to be able to help you with.

Drinking the Slick_Juice
    yea you probably wont be able to find the exact parts your looking for , im sure these will work
    "If women don't find handsome , they should at least find you handy."-Red Green

tough guy
    those old shimano shifters can get gummed up from old grease. try and open it up and hit it with some degreaser or brake cleaner (just don't let it sit on the plastic for too long). that should free up the mechanism. then put a few drops of oil in there to keep it lubricated and you should be good to go

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Any LBS could order something equivalent.