Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

The wheel wars!

2K views 40 replies 28 participants last post by  hilltopcrew 
#1 ·
29 versus 26. Who cares and why?

I just want to know why the need to "defend" your preference?

Why care what the other guy/gal rides? IMO we ought to chose the option we prefer and not badger everyone else to make the same choice. Both options have their pluses and minuses.

Thoughts?

#14 ·
If I defend something it's because it is being attacked. If people didn't attack one or the other size then things wouldn't need to be defended. Idiotic statements should be corrected and the fun part about the internet is that it's full of idiots!

#23 · (Edited)
No wheel war here, I literally ride both. Also No Long v Short Travel Wars either, I literally ride both.
Roadie v Mtn Tire? I literally ride both. ALL SMILES :):):):):):)

---front fork 140mm trravel 15mm axle
---front wheel 29er
---rear shock 178mm travel
---front tire 2.4 knobby now has (maxxis ardent 2.4)
---rear tire 1.95 "baldy" w/ side knobs (kenda kross plus)
---rear wheel 26er with 12mm thru axle
---freeride bike w/ internal crank that enables to switch to a 22t granny

Ride up trails, no fear on the downhill, ride it on pavement too, thats what its all about

Attachments

#24 ·
No wheel war here, I literally ride both. Also No Long v Short Travel Wars either, I literally ride both.
Roadie v Mtn Tire? I literally ride both. ALL SMILES :):):):):):)

---front fork 140mm trravel 15mm axle
---front wheel 29er
---rear shock 178mm travel
---front tire 2.4 knobby now has (maxxis ardent 2.4)
---rear tire 1.95 "baldy" w/ side knobs (kenda kross plus)
---rear wheel 26er
---freeride bike w/ internal crank that enables to switch to a 22t granny
HOLY FRANKENBIKE MAN :crazy:

#32 ·
I'd say that whitewater kayaks are definitely better than whitewater canoes - more skill is required and many....

Oh wait, this is the endless "which category is best" discussion from my OTHER passion, not the one from whitewater paddling.

Aaahhhh, still as refreshing as ever, even the 10,000th time around (heavy sarcasm).

Steve Z

#33 ·
problem is, people DO care. they secretly judge. Most people i encounter are fairly nice, but i've seen the judgmental types. They comment negatively on price, pedals, single/multi pivot, wallyworld bikes (which i totally understand somebody using for the local rail trail.) etc.

Too bad there doesnt seen to exist a sport that people wont judge!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.