Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Iron girder with wheels on!! Hehe.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Went fast downhill!

mtbr member
    1999 Klein Mantra white/metallic silver paint scheme, aluminum frame, Manitou sx fork/fox vanilla float rear. Unique xc bike. Still got it, pic in my profile album.
    2013 Specialized P 26 AM green/purple. Nuff said

Giant Faith

mtbr member
    2008 Kona Dawgma... Just sold it last week. On a X2 now. But I loved that bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What was your first mountain bike?-devils-den1.jpg  

What was your first mountain bike?-imag0607-1-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chadalex78 View Post
    Sick bike.
    2013 Specialized P 26 AM green/purple. Nuff said

Giant Faith

mtbr member
    1997 Klein pulse comp still got it and it still climbs better then any other bike out there

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    '92 Bontrager Race Lite (indigo blue) w/ Rock Shox v.2 (anodized gold)

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Nisheki hard everything!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sumgai View Post
    '92 Bontrager Race Lite (indigo blue) w/ Rock Shox v.2 (anodized gold)
    Now that was a nice brand and bike before trek ****ed it up like my klein

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    i had a schwin frontier that i tricked out with closeout parts from my local bike shops.i lasated 2 seasons before i bent the front fork and wrecked the cranks on my local trails at the time.it was a good bike,that was fun to ride.

mtbr member
    1991 Giant Rincon... From a land before disc brakes and at the dawn of suspension forks.... That bike was built like a tank, and rode like one too!!!

mtbr member
    A red Skykomish Marble Point purchased from Costco in '91 or '92.
    After only a few rides I was hooked on mountain biking but realized the bike was too small so it was quickly replaced by a 1992 Giant Cadex CFM-3 which still sees regular trail use to this day (albeit the only original parts are the frame and fork).

mtbr member
    An Ironhorse warrior disc. I bought it at ***** around 2002 and rode it to death. I am adding a few small things to it and making it rideable again.

mtbr member
    Not counting the Huffy I had, the first "real' MTB I had was a Schwinn. I forgot the model, this was around 20 years ago. My parents were sick of me wrecking cheapo bikes, and since I rode alot, they got me a good bike for my birthday that year. Prior to that, I always thought of "bike store bikes" as exotic.

Unfortunately thar bike was WAY to big for me, and I couldn't really ride it effectively when I started doing actual trails. So my next bike, right around the time I turned 16, was a Univega Alpina 5.1. I really liked that bike, I rode the snot out of it for two years.

After that I bought the Marin I talk about in my Newbie check-in post.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    1990 Trek 700

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1982-ish Schwinn Sidewinder. Not a real mtb by today's standards - more of a transition to a mountain bike. Got stolen my Freshman year at college (1988), and was replaced by a Giant Iguana. The Iguana was an entry level all-rigid bike, but it took a pounding. From Moab to Planet X (Auburn, AL).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What was your first mountain bike?-sidewinderside.jpg  

mtbr member
    Well my first mountain bike was a hand-me-down Motive Stonegrinder...basically a shaddy walmart bike. But then a friend loaned me his nice KHS hardtail for a couple rides and I knew I needed to get a real bike. He hooked me up with his friends 1996 Gary Fisher for $180. I rode it for years and then sold it for $150. I regretted selling it so much I picked up a similar bike, a 1998 HKEK for $180. I slapped a Tora coil fork on it and it really rides great...gotta love those old steel hardtails!

1996 Gary Fisher Aquila:

"Got everything you need?"

Jul 2012
    I had a Giant and a Scott but can't remember the names, then a Schwinn Frontier, but what'd I'd call my first mountain bike was a 2002 Specialized Rockhopper, got it in 6th grade and beat the hell out of it on roads and trail all the way through senior year of college until it was stolen. I loved that bike. By the end, it was nearly in shambles - untrue rims, fading brakes, rusted chain, completely faded grips, a paint job almost completely chipped off - yet I could still ride the crap out of it. Definitely my most prized possession. It will be missed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I 1994 I bought a brand new schwinn 21 speed mtb. I cant remember the model, but I sure got alot of use out of it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chadalex78 View Post
    Now thats a beautiful bike

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    First mountain bike was a mid 90's KHS. I remember the color being a bluish green or bluish purple. Anyone knowledgeable about older KHSs? It was stolen by punks after only a couple years and I didn't get another bike until college.

mtbr member
    My first mountain bike is my current one which is a '12 Trek Marlin in green....this is also my first post on the board.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    1963 Sears bike

2 inch ballon tires 24 inch wheels single speed...rigid.

Michigan Wolverine

'02 Hardrock.

Still riding it actually, although not too much of the original bike remains.
    Amassing Miles - My Little Cycling Blog

banned
    Jan 2012
    First MTB was an cheap Matrabike fully, Tourney deralleurs, POS thing imo.
    First real mtb was a Specialized Stumpjumper M2 from 1998, A green one, deore lx compoments, suntour xcp75 fork, then came the Nishiki Z29..
    Last edited by Wasmachineman NL; 07-07-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast