Lee
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

WHAT THE? Topeak Mountain Morph PUMP

i am so last, been looking on/at/inside the packaging of this pump for the last 15minutes and cannot find the valve converters

where are they?

nimble biker
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    i am so last, been looking on/at/inside the packaging of this pump for the last 15minutes and cannot find the valve converters

where are they?

valve converter is builted into the tip of the hose. You have to flip it to get different vailve adapter

mtbr member
    Yep, just got mine too. Is this pump way bigger than you expected it too be? I had my shop order it after seeing it in the catalog so I was I bit surprised at the size.

Lee
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    It is WAY bigger than I expected

Lee
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard
    valve converter is builted into the tip of the hose. You have to flip it to get different vailve adapter
    I'm still confused, do I have to unscrew the tip?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    I'm still confused, do I have to unscrew the tip?
    Lee,...

Yes, you will need to un-screw the lil' plastic collar from the "head" piece that attaches to the tube stem on your tire. Inside is a lil' plastic "adaptor", one direction is for "schrader" valves, flip it around, and the opposite side is for "presta" valves. Re-assemble the "head", attach it to your valve and start pumping.

Topeak is well known for its customer support, contact them, as I am sure they will be happy to send you printed literature on the procedures to switch the internal "adaptor" for your valve stem style.

I also agree that the Topeak Mountain Morph IS a somewhat large pump, however, #1,..you will find it accept most pump frame mounts without modifications, #2,...being the larger size that it is, it will be EASIER and FASTER to pump air in your tubes, (longer tube = longer stroke = larger air volume per pump stroke), #3,..many MTB'rs put their pump in their "camelbak".

Just wait untill you need that pump, THEN, you will appreciate its design, size and ease of use,....Trust me,....!!

"nuff said"

Live Long,...Ride Hard

Ol' Dirtdawg

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol' DirtDawg
    Lee,...

Yes, you will need to un-screw the lil' plastic collar from the "head" piece that attaches to the tube stem on your tire. Inside is a lil' plastic "adaptor", one direction is for "schrader" valves, flip it around, and the opposite side is for "presta" valves. Re-assemble the "head", attach it to your valve and start pumping.

Ol' Dirtdawg
    There's a nice diagram on the back of the box as well. You have to flip the rubber sleeve too. I love the T-handle and the remote valve head. This will make trail side flat repairs much nicer. The added volume is just a bonus. Mine fits in my HAWG quite easlily.... just a bit surprised at the size.