Thread: What happened??

4 Niners
    Dec 2008

What happened??

This is the new forum? How do we get it to fill up a screen? If this is to be mobile friendly how about a switch for the old larger format for people that use the computer? Everything is so small on my screen it is annoying and makes me less likely to participate.
    Full rigid SS, Hardtail SS, Hardtail Geared, Full Suspension Geared.

@trailgrinder
    Go to the bottom left of your screen and where it says "fixed" change it to wide and it will fix that

workin' it Administrator
    also check out the link at the top of all the pages^^^^ Welcome to the Upgraded Mtbr Forums - How To Video!
    Try this: HTFU

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Yea, I found the "wide" setting, but I think the new look is much worse and many of what used to be smaller clear pictures are now large and pixilated so badly as to be unusable. I don't like it nearly as well and also, since the change even though I have 15 mbts down internet access, the pages seem to load up much slower. They used to be almost instant.

The Original Suspect
    Just like anything new, I too am finding the new format a bit confusing, but I do like it!

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    It is starting to grow on me, but I can't see some of the pictures. I'm sure they are trying to fix this.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

The Original Suspect
    I started a new thread and added 3 pics but I could only see one of them after the thread was posted. Viewers said they could see them thought.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I don't like it. Seems even slower than the last version. There doesn't need to be a facebook thing on every page - or a google +1 thing. Who needs a shadow on the frames? These things are all small, but together they help slow things down. The deals and articles should be linked ONLY on the main page. I still like the content, but IMO, the delivery has taken a step backward.

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    It is noticeably slower.

mtbr member
    I find it reasonably paced once adblock plus is running / blocking the proper elements.

It also appears to be easier to locate/block said elements.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I don't know if it's just the settings that I have or what, but the scrolling is seriously S-L-O-W. There is also just something annoying about the new layout - I can't put my finger on it exactly. I definitely find myself coming to this site WAY less than I used to pre-facelift, and frequenting others much more often. I can't stand the slow scolling and those huge thumbnail attachments.

mtbr member
    What setup you running?

I am on google chrome and am not experiencing what you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by jcolletteiii View Post
    I don't know if it's just the settings that I have or what, but the scrolling is seriously S-L-O-W. There is also just something annoying about the new layout - I can't put my finger on it exactly. I definitely find myself coming to this site WAY less than I used to pre-facelift, and frequenting others much more often. I can't stand the slow scolling and those huge thumbnail attachments.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2rideUtah View Post
    Go to the bottom left of your screen and where it says "fixed" change it to wide and it will fix that
    Wow. Thank you for that tip!

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    I am on Chrome also, but the new stuff is real slow. I keep getting messages that the Flash thing is not responding and I have to keep telling it to keep trying. Litterally takes a minute to load a page and I have 15 megabits download speed.