Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,058

    New question here. What happen to Deus ?

    Heya all,

    I was wondering why did the nice Deus family of Raceface did not made it to the 2011 line up ?

    As far as I know, I did not find it anywhere on the Raceface website for America this year, but still have encounter some "2011" Deus components on eBay... I know the 2010 ones are "2010", but what about those "2011"? Are they really part of the 2011 line up or simply 2010 model made in early 2011 ?

    I really like those components, as they are one of the best design/performance/weight/value ratio on the market right now, even more since the 2010 and earlier ones sell cheap online now.

    Can you guys fill me up with some infos ?

    Thanks,

    David
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  2. #2
    Made in Canada
    Reputation: tpm7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    415
    It happens every so often with Raceface and any other company, the component line is phased out for a line of another name (in this case Turbine) to shake things up a bit with the products. Turbine is the new Deus. (The Deus crankset was modeled after the original turbine crankset, they're just going back to vintage names now). This could also have something to do with the buyout of Raceface as well. My guess is both. Too bad the crank arms are no longer made in Canada though...
    STOLEN: '07 Banshee Viento - See Eastern Canada Forum for Pictures. If anyone sees it contact me ASAP!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nenbran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by tpm7 View Post
    Too bad the crank arms are no longer made in Canada though...
    Did they relocate manufacturing overseas after the buyout?

  4. #4
    Made in Canada
    Reputation: tpm7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenbran View Post
    Did they relocate manufacturing overseas after the buyout?
    I think it was in transition for some time. As I recall the 2010 Deus crankset was manufactured in Taiwan. Not all manufacturing has been moved, but some has been shifted. The team chainrings are still manufactured in Canada. The transition had nothing to do with the buyout. I don't know much about other lines and components from Raceface and their location of manufacture. I know Evolve has always been Taiwan. The Atlas cranks have the same sort of geometry as the older Deus, so I assume they're made in Canada as well.

    I think it is generally assumed that some manufacturing will always be done on Raceface's higher ends components.
    STOLEN: '07 Banshee Viento - See Eastern Canada Forum for Pictures. If anyone sees it contact me ASAP!

  5. #5
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,058
    I'm sad about it... I wish they still been manufacturing them in Canada

    I've look at the Turbine line up and its not looking as good as the Deus one.

    Who did bought them ?
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nenbran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by tpm7 View Post
    I think it was in transition for some time. As I recall the 2010 Deus crankset was manufactured in Taiwan. Not all manufacturing has been moved, but some has been shifted. The team chainrings are still manufactured in Canada. The transition had nothing to do with the buyout. I don't know much about other lines and components from Raceface and their location of manufacture. I know Evolve has always been Taiwan. The Atlas cranks have the same sort of geometry as the older Deus, so I assume they're made in Canada as well.

    I think it is generally assumed that some manufacturing will always be done on Raceface's higher ends components.
    Ah, that is unfortunate. Thanks for the info!

  7. #7
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,058
    BTW, I just got myself a 2010 Deus seatpost

    Got a good price for it and still 4 available

    I offer $20 plus $7.80 and he finally accepted

    Link here for ebay : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_3278wt_1114
    Last edited by David C; 07-20-2011 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Still 4 only now, not 6 anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  8. #8
    Made in Canada
    Reputation: tpm7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by David C View Post
    I'm sad about it... I wish they still been manufacturing them in Canada

    I've look at the Turbine line up and its not looking as good as the Deus one.

    Who did bought them ?
    After the bankruptcy a previous employee bought them, don't worry they'll never be an Asian sell-out, they're in good hands.
    STOLEN: '07 Banshee Viento - See Eastern Canada Forum for Pictures. If anyone sees it contact me ASAP!

  9. #9
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,058
    Ouf, now I can go back to sleep at night
    Last edited by David C; 07-21-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by tpm7 View Post
    It happens every so often with Raceface and any other company, the component line is phased out for a line of another name (in this case Turbine) to shake things up a bit with the products. Turbine is the new Deus. (The Deus crankset was modeled after the original turbine crankset, they're just going back to vintage names now). This could also have something to do with the buyout of Raceface as well. My guess is both. Too bad the crank arms are no longer made in Canada though...

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Nenbran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by qianlonq View Post

  12. #12
    Made in Canada
    Reputation: tpm7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    415
    Just a quick, positive update for those of you interested in Race Face and their design and manufacturing in Canada.
    STOLEN: '07 Banshee Viento - See Eastern Canada Forum for Pictures. If anyone sees it contact me ASAP!

  13. #13
    nocturnal oblivion
    Reputation: stumblemumble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,307
    "...ensure the life of the respected 'Made in Canada' moniker." That's what RF is and it's important, despite what the bias of some may be to a particular brand that's made offshore. I think it's a critical and valuable move by RF to try to stay in house.
    That said they may just be talking about keeping the ring manufacturing from going overseas.
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

  14. #14
    Huckin' trails
    Reputation: David C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,058
    I received my seatpost today

    Nice to finally ride with a saddle

    The Deus is really nice and light. Love them.

    David
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3

    New question here.

    im not sure

Similar Threads

  1. Race Face Deus vs New Deus
    By markcjr in forum Drivetrain - shifters, derailleurs, cranks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 12:37 PM
  2. It *had* to happen.
    By mikesee in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 238
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 07:14 PM
  3. What would happen if..........
    By lv4sndz in forum Mountain Cycle
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 09:00 PM
  4. anyone else seen this or had this happen?
    By jackal_rider in forum Tooltime
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 10:16 PM
  5. Anyone ever have this happen?...
    By iconoclaSSt in forum Passion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-13-2004, 02:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •