Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

what does your nickname mean?

8K views 130 replies 113 participants last post by  solidass 
#1 ·
Im sure it means something. Just courious.
I will start with mine:
Inter, is my favorite soccer club from Italy, Internazionale Milano, or Inter Milan, or just Inter for short.
F.C. Internazionale Milano - Sito Ufficiale
FORZA INTER!

#15 ·
I built a system of trails for the local middle school mountain bike club. For safety reasons, when I built a trail I wouldn't build an entrance or an exit until the trail was finished and ready to ride.

The kids would go riding one day and find a brand new trail a couple of miles long that wasn't there the day before. One of the kids said: "Jeez, it must be Ninjas building these trails." The name just stuck.

#24 ·
I built a system of trails for the local middle school mountain bike club. For safety reasons, when I built a trail I wouldn't build an entrance or an exit until the trail was finished and ready to ride.

The kids would go riding one day and find a brand new trail a couple of miles long that wasn't there the day before. One of the kids said: "Jeez, it must be Ninjas building these trails." The name just stuck.
hahaha..funny..keep building trail mr. ninja.;)

#3 ·
It's my real name. I think it's silly when people call others - on a ride - by their MTBR handle. Instead of Jeff, Todd, Al, John... it's "TooFast35", "SSRidinPlus", "A45toRide", "JMasterCut29"...

So when people meet me and they ask me what my name is I say, "Dion". Then they ask me what my MTBR handle is, and I say "Dion".

#54 ·
My nick has sort of evolved into something meaningless. Directly translated it means "cleaner of sand". The story goes like this:

My last name starts with strand which in danish means beach. On time at a beach with some mates I flexed my chubby white clyde body and declared that I was a "strandløve" which is danish for beach lion meaning one of those super fit, tanned, muscular beach hunks. My friends didn't quite agree and commented that I looked more like a "strandvasker" which translates to beach washer and is danish for a corpse that has washed ashore.

The corpse nick stuck for a long time, I found it kinda cool and funny in a sort of zombie way and used it as a nick on a number of forums.

Over the time I got more and more comments about my macabre nick so I ended up changing it from "washed up on a beach", "washing the beach" to "cleaning the sand". Doesn't make much sense anymore..

#7 ·
The short version: I'm originally from Richmond, Virginia and am a rabid Southern History afficionado, having studied the War for Southern Independence since I was in the 4th grade. I'm also a biker, and named my first Harley "Traveller" after Gen. R.E. Lee's horse. "Traveller" then became my biker nickname, and I use it now for 99% of the forums I belong to and my gamer tag for online games. The 584 was my badge number when I was in the Air Force as a Law Enforcement Supervisor.

#10 ·
Anonymouse = name I've used on other forums, I guess it could mean 'anonymous mouse', no real meaning for it, I was out of screenname ideas that day

Tech = I work in IT, I'm a tech, someone had already taken Anonymouse here so I added the Tech part

Also my screenname is retarded. Do mods/admins take name change requests here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.