Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

what does your nickname mean?

8K views 130 replies 113 participants last post by  solidass 
#1 ·
Im sure it means something. Just courious.
I will start with mine:
Inter, is my favorite soccer club from Italy, Internazionale Milano, or Inter Milan, or just Inter for short.
F.C. Internazionale Milano - Sito Ufficiale
FORZA INTER!

#38 ·
Got a computer around 10 years ago as my son joined the cub scouts and I got " volunteered" for advancement committee. At same time the wife and myself tried the open marriage thing. Her screen name was Sweet Cheri and mine was 1niceride. A little while later we ended the open marriage thing and picked up biking together. Joined soon thereafter and just used the same name. Given a second chance I would have used something else. Maybe thumbnut..maybe not..never got any dates with that.

#39 ·
Heyyall = Hey Y'all. Hey & Y'all are things I say. The problem is that people stare at you funny in MN when you say such words. I didn't realize I could have a space between the words when I signed up, so they are all crammed together.

The other mystery is my avatar. I've heard it called all sort of things. It is nothing more than an artsy picture of a SRAM 990 cassette.

#47 ·
Absolutely nothing.
My old screen name incorperated my initials and last name. One day at work I was bored and googled it. It was amazing and scarry how much info I was able to find out about myself,and hopw un-anonymous it was, so I threw some bolts at the keyboard and this is what came up.

#52 ·
Christened name is Antony ( with no H lol) mates call me Tone's or Tone, mum thought she was giving me a distinguished name calling me Antony Mark, but it backfired on her because its been abreiviated to Tony since a child lol, i dont like any of the three names but im stuck with em.......

#54 ·
My nick has sort of evolved into something meaningless. Directly translated it means "cleaner of sand". The story goes like this:

My last name starts with strand which in danish means beach. On time at a beach with some mates I flexed my chubby white clyde body and declared that I was a "strandløve" which is danish for beach lion meaning one of those super fit, tanned, muscular beach hunks. My friends didn't quite agree and commented that I looked more like a "strandvasker" which translates to beach washer and is danish for a corpse that has washed ashore.

The corpse nick stuck for a long time, I found it kinda cool and funny in a sort of zombie way and used it as a nick on a number of forums.

Over the time I got more and more comments about my macabre nick so I ended up changing it from "washed up on a beach", "washing the beach" to "cleaning the sand". Doesn't make much sense anymore..

#56 ·
Mine is just an abreviated version of my real name, with all the remains stuck together.

When pronouncing my first name, I let foreigners get away with something like "Bertie" or "Pertie"; the family name is a bit tricky for any non-Finns to say or spell.

#57 ·
When I was growing up in England, the Mods and Rockers were 2 groups that tore up the country. Mods typically rode Vespa Scooters, while Rockers were the greasers and rode Brit bikes cafe-racered up. Think long hair and leather to the Mods' dubious fashion sense and poncey scooters! That's what I thought then, and identified with the Rockers ever since, and as soon as I could ride, got my own cafe racers. It so happens that I have always worked in the concert touring business for big rock bands, and C is the first letter of my name, so I have been Rockerc since the earliest days of having names on forums, email, etc., my first use being early 90s I guess.
Then Harley Davidson named a model after me... can I sue them I wonder?

#58 ·
Octavius is the drummer in my favourite group of all time - Ya Ho Wha 13.

Jim Baker aka Father Yod is my avatar as well, the leader of the band and head of the 'Source Family', sure i was born in the wrong time/part of the world in some ways. Sure some posters from California or Hawaii of a certain age (older than me certainly, im 39) might remember them. The Source Restaurant on sunset strip in the early 70s?

All a big influence on me to adopt a healthier more positive lifestyle and biking is a massive part of that. Vegetarian, confirmed Jones-bore, weird music loving, graphic designing, tree hugger fae Bonnie Scotland...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.