Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What A D!ck

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

What A D!ck

So we were out having a great ride, and came across another group of riders going the opposite way. We continued to ride in opposite directions until the guy I was riding with decided he wanted to join the other group.

So we turn around and rocket Mach 5 to catch up. When we do one of the riders (who I am familiar with) on his tubeless fatbike has a leak. So a few minutes go by as he does the Stans dance, while we are doing the "mosquito gtfo" dance. I notice there is no hint of Stans at the problem area, and ask when the last refresh was. "Its been a while", which was followed by a few more fancy Stans moves.

I then offer up my brand new Park Tool patch kit. With open arms the rider accepted my offer, which was perfect for the application (pats self on back ). I then suggest he wait a few minutes before putting air back in the tire, to let the glue set. 15 seconds later he is pumping away. He then hands me the patch kit, feels the tire, and takes off.

Not a single head nod, smile, or even a slight wisper of "thank you" was noted.

The lead group then proceeded to hop of perfectly good single track, and onto the road. Which didn't suit our tastes, so we doubled back onto areas meant for mtnbikes.

Later in the ride I hit a tree and almost died. What a dick er

End of story.

mtbr member
    so your fond of this guy huh?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    So we were out having a great ride, and came across another group of riders going the opposite way. We continued to ride in opposite directions until the guy I was riding with decided he wanted to join the other group.

So we turn around and rocket Mach 5 to catch up. When we do one of the riders (who I am familiar with) on his tubeless fatbike has a leak. So a few minutes go by as he does the Stans dance, while we are doing the "mosquito gtfo" dance. I notice there is no hint of Stans at the problem area, and ask when the last refresh was. "Its been a while", which was followed by a few more fancy Stans moves.

I then offer up my brand new Park Tool patch kit. With open arms the rider accepted my offer, which was perfect for the application (pats self on back ). I then suggest he wait a few minutes before putting air back in the tire, to let the glue set. 15 seconds later he is pumping away. He then hands me the patch kit, feels the tire, and takes off.

The lead group then proceeded to hop of perfectly good single track, and onto the road. Which didn't suit our tastes, so we doubled back onto areas meant for mtnbikes.

End of story.
    Sorry I did not say thank you, but your erection caught me off guard and did not want to wait around to see whats up.

Now that I feel safe, thanks for patch kit!

gobsmacked Moderator
    Apr 2008
    tldr.

If you need some pats on the back, maybe sharing ain't your thing.
    Wanted: WTB rollercams and brake bridges

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Flucod View Post
    Sorry I did not say thank you, but your erection caught me off guard and did not want to wait around to see whats up.

So your user name is spelled wrong it should be Flaccid.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    tldr.

Hmmmm thinking,thinking,thinking
    So maybe a custom bumper sticker with this on it may take off.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by girlonbike View Post
    tldr.

Maybe dude was upset that a simple thanks wasn't offered and as stated in his story, sharing is his thing.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    While I have to admit that most people would have shown some appreciation, was the hitting a tree and almost dying a result of being so pissed off that you weren't concentrating?

If so, there is a moral to this story.

John
    1995 Trek 970 - 80mm Atom Race
    1992 Serotta T-Max - 70mm Z3 Light
    1993 GT All Terra - 46mm Mag 21

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by jugdish View Post
    Maybe dude was upset that a simple thanks wasn't offered and as stated in his story, sharing is his thing.
    So your saying there is two ways of looking at it.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

trail addict
    I am curious about these "fancy Stans moves".

Anyway.

If you do someone a favor because of the thank you on the other end, then you are doing it for the wrong reason.

And if you posted this because you thought it was remotely interesting, you posted for the wrong reason.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member

What A D!ck

Quote Originally Posted by Flucod View Post

too funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I saw a guy walking with an obvious flat so i threw a tube at him and kept going cause I was in a rush to go to class. He did say thank you though haha

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    I lent my teammate a spare tube on a group ride once, before the season started. He offered a tube/$$ as thanks, but it wasn't that big a deal. He then went on to crush the competition and win the omnium at the end of the season. I like to think that he wouldn't have done that if I hadn't given him that tube.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Six Pack View Post
    If you do someone a favor because of the thank you on the other end, then you are doing it for the wrong reason.

And if you posted this because you thought it was remotely interesting, you posted for the wrong reason.
    And if you read through this thread thinking it would be different from all the rest, you're doing it wrong.

mtbr member
    You hit a tree and almost died?
    Sorry to hear about that.... but wait, that was the best part of the story....

Warrior's Society

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

I usually play a game of Keep Away with the other rider til he/she says "Please" and "Thank You"......then I pat myself on the back and say to myself....."good guy....way to go".
    I crashed hard enough on my Tallboy to break my leg,
    The carbon is way more durable than most people.

meh... whatever
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Six Pack View Post

this.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

pin it
    we are doing the "mosquito gtfo" dance.
    I blame the mosquitos for this bedroom farce. [I'm imagining Benny Hill music playing in the background while reading this story]
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

banned
    Jan 2013
    I too would like a more detailed explanation of the "Stan's dance" and "mosquito gtfo dance" and why one would inspire the other.

Perhaps they were not related at all and you were actually fending off mosquitoes, but the way your story read makes it sound like a situationaly contagious form of turrets.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    I too would like a more detailed explanation of the "Stan's dance" and "mosquito gtfo dance" and why one would inspire the other.

Perhaps they were not related at all and you were actually fending off mosquitoes, but the way your story read makes it sound like a situationaly contagious form of turrets.
    That's the beauty of this time of year on this forum. Schools out and half of these discussions are teenagers arguing moot points with one another.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    We need more hugging in mountain biking..

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://m...rE7ib47YGDzJvA
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)

Flaccid Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post
    Why stop at hugging? No telling what the suggestions would be from Tone/s in another forum.
    "i'll brazilian when YOU do boy, right around the ol' rusty star. Actually, whole fruit bowl. Get on it!" NicoleB

Dirt Junkie

End of story.
    Don't let it change you.

Glad you didn't die and stuff.
    How can anyone who's been riding as long as I have, be so slow???

Pro Crastinator
    the title of this thread should have been, 'What a butthurt crybaby'....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast