Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Front Range, Colorado

A web of deceit……

A CNN documentary on Lance Armstrong and deceit. This may change some minds on the subject. Turn on CNN now.
    CNN Documentary 'The World According to Lance Armstrong' Exposes Web of Deceit | Bleacher Report
    Last edited by DIRTJUNKIE; 11-22-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

Talk to me, Goose.
    Too depressing for me. So many people crap on a guy that has a foundation raising over 14 million dollars for cancer research.. and he is shunned. Meanwhile, those same people are excited to see than an NFL team re-signed a convict that shot himself in the leg. Doper or not, he did plenty of good in this world and should get at least a little respect...
    We can't stop here, this is bat country..

Dropshot Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
    Too depressing for me. So many people crap on a guy that has a foundation raising over 14 million dollars for cancer research.. and he is shunned. Meanwhile, those same people are excited to see than an NFL team re-signed a convict that shot himself in the leg. Doper or not, he did plenty of good in this world and should get at least a little respect...
    didn't even know the foundation did cancer research. Thought they were simply doing awareness.

edit: googled and yup, little to no research.

The CNN show was the abc story recycled from a month ago.

Talk to me, Goose.
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    didn't even know the foundation did cancer research. Thought they were simply doing awareness.

edit: googled and yup, little to no research.

The CNN show was the abc story recycled from a month ago.
    The Livestrong Foundation awarded its first research grant in 1998. Though most of it did go to awareness (far too much).. they did dedicate some to research but this program no longer exists. My point still being this - He did positive things and made a difference.

You are right though, I should have worded my original post as "awareness" not "research"...
    We can't stop here, this is bat country..

banned
    Yeah he did some good stuff, all while fcuking over people, stealing, lying, doping and decieving the entire cycling world. Lance is a punk.
    Last edited by roadie scum; 11-23-2012 at 07:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    The dead horse is nothing but a bloody pile of hair and guts at this point.

Affect Lance Armstrong had on my personal life = 0

The weather forecast and running out of pancake mix has had more affect on my life as a bicycle rider than any of the Armstrong drama ever has.

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by BatCountry View Post
    Really with all due respect mate, what the hell does his work with cancer got to do with him lying n cheating, why is it even bought into it, is it something that his last supporters cling onto like the old chestnut ''but they where all doing it''..
    Lance is out for himself, always will be always was, he wouldnt have done anything for cancer if he never got it himself, the blokes as sociopathic as you can get, and deserves every bit of bad press he gets..
    Look at him sitting back pretending nothings happened, not having the guts to face the charges in court, the guy is an Agrade grub.......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

I build my own.
    I haven't been following the story but I did read this thread.

A cancer awareness foundation??? WTF?

If people are going to collect money from others, I'd rather see it go to research for finding a cure or better treatment methods, or just to help the families of cancer victims.

I'll have to look into it before I comment more but just off the top of my head I'll guess that people are already aware of cancer. I know I am.

Edit: Looks like they do a chopped down version of what these groups do.

American Cancer Society | Information and Resources for Cancer: Breast, Colon, Lung, Prostate, Skin

Canadian Cancer Society - Société canadienne du cancer

Sorry Lance, my money goes to the Canadian Cancer Society.
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

banned
    Oct 2012
    So much vitriol. FWIW, all of that was taken completely out of context.

mtbr member
    Took the GF and her two kids down to the Bay Area last weekend.
    Went to Fisherman's Wharf, and to the wax museum.
    Went through all the displays, everyone enjoying themselves.. even in the house of horrors type exhibit.

All was right with the world until we rounded the corner and saw this figure...

Kids were crying and clinging to their mother's legs, GF was making MammaBear noises and trying to get the gun out of her purse, I fell to my knees and threw up...

Then we figured out it was only a wax dummy... DUH!
    Went on to enjoy the rest of the exhibit... got some real nice ones of Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini!

Lance has never done anything to me... I don't really care about this whole ordeal other than one individual getting boiled in oil over doping instead of the whole dirty lot... rather amusing to see all the reactions though

No Stranger to danger....
    ^^ BWAHAHA WSMAC, Funny post there mate, very funny description of rounding the corner, im out of rep but will be comin back to lay some on ya soon bro, cheers
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    I wasn't sure if I should inform the guys out front about the NEW and DECONSTRUCTED Lance Armstrong... figured they had some amount of cash wrapped up in the current model and might not want to build a LANCE OF SHAME one instead.

On second thought... maybe I should have crossed the barrier and RIPPED that yellow jersey off the dummy right then and there!
    One for the team!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I never understood the whole "awareness" thing for causes. How does making someone aware of cancer help cure it? They should have put 90% of their funds towards research instead of what they were doing.

I build my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    I never understood the whole "awareness" thing for causes. How does making someone aware of cancer help cure it? They should have put 90% of their funds towards research instead of what they were doing.
    Although "awareness" is part of Livestrong's mandate, they do other work to help cancer victims and their families. It's all redundant work being done by national organizations and in my opinion, all it does is divide scarce financial resources between several groups. Last year, Livestrong spent around 6 million dollars on administration and "fundraising".

I'm sure the ACS or the CCS would have put the money to better use.

I think if you went door-to-door and asked if people were aware of cancer, you wouldn't get too many folks saying "nope, never heard of it."
    I have a device that can access the total knowledge of man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and argue with strangers.

Front Range, Colorado

I jumped off the bandwagon....

For anyone interested keep an eye out on CNN. This show that prompted me to start this thread will surely be shown again. From the small portion I saw it brought forth actual testimony from team mates and his inner circle, of what he and many others were doing. It sucks he is getting the brunt of it but come on all those years of deceiving the world. Everybody thought he was superhuman for so many years. And many refused to believe these accusation's for so many years. I myself have been in denial until I witnessed just a portion of this CNN Documentary. Be sure to catch it if you can. It may open your eyes and change your mind.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

dwt
    mtbr member

This is all I can post. The last time I commented in a Dopestrong thread I got a crapload of neg rep from low information Lance lovers. Not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

Ski N Bike Tech
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post

The weather forecast and running out of pancake mix has had more affect on my life as a bicycle rider than any of the Armstrong drama ever has.
    Could not agree more.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    ...of what he and many others were doing. It sucks he is getting the brunt of it but come on all those years of deceiving the world...
    EH!.... they should all BURN IN HELL!
    Or rather ON THE CROSS!
    I suppose it'd be good enuf just to stake'em out and let them get a really NASTY SUNBURN! That'd teach'em all!!!

Isn't it nice how easy it is to focus on one, or a very small few, of the nasties instead of actually cleaning up every amateur and professional sport IN THE WORLD?

Hmmmm....
    -Eric Jacques (he got a whole 10 MINUTES added to his time in the 1976 Vuelta a España! That sure got the attention of Pro Cyclists everywhere! )
    -Floyd Landis
    -Jose Conseco... CANSECO... thanks for catching me on this!
    -Marion Jones
    -Bill Romanowski
    -Paul Doherty
    -Eastern Block Olympic women..no men...no uh wo/men?(actually this is a pretty large group of UGDCE (undetermined gender due to chemical enhancement) athletes and so might not be the best example for my list)

Yep... the list grows fast in SINGLE DIGITS folks!
    The message is clear! WE'RE COMING TO GET YOU!... but not ALL of you...
    Last edited by wsmac; 11-23-2012 at 09:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post

Amen.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    A CNN documentary on Lance Armstrong and deceit. This may change some minds on the subject. Turn on CNN now.
    CNN Documentary 'The World According to Lance Armstrong' Exposes Web of Deceit | Bleacher Report
    The video was brought up in the other thread over a month ago, why have a seperate thread on just the video when it's been discussed in the other thread?
    It's a 4 corners (ABC) doco, not CNN, CNN bought it from ABC AUSTRALIA!
    Last edited by SV11; 11-23-2012 at 04:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    The video was brought up in the other thread over a month ago, why have a seperate thread on just the video when it's been discussed in the other thread?
    It's a 4 corners (ABC) doco, not CNN, CNN bought it from ABC AUSTRALIA!
    ABCNNBCBS: they're all the same crappy "news" networks

mtbr member
    He aint no Chris Hoy
    I scurry away with my hardtail between my legs

the half breed devil
    "the guy is an Agrade grub......."

what, pray tell, is an "agrade grub"?

and it's jose CANSECO not "conseco"

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by the-one1 View Post
    Well, the guy who has had and recovered from cancer on this board, Natehawk, said that Livestrong did a lot to help out with his situation. It seems like he's gotten quite tired of having to explain this to every and anyone who comes along claiming based on the "word" that it's not helping people. Basically filling in the gaps apart from "just the medical stuff", like family coping, help with day to day stuff, etc...Did you actually look this up first, or did you just respond to the dictionary definition of "awareness"?
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast