The Original Suspect

upgrades=New bike?

Ever felt complacent with one of your bikes. I was until I made a couple upgrades and now I feel like I have a new bike. Added a dropper post, wider bars and shortened my stem. Now my bike really feels like it fits and is more responsive. I am totally stoked!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails upgrades=New bike?-img_1196.jpg  

AKD
    Temporarily flatlanded
    You can change parts on the bike, but you can't change geometry. I put a new drivetrain, tire set, and shock into a 2008 stumpjumper, but regretted it the moment I put a leg over an Ibis.

The Original Suspect
    I like the geo of my Camber. I've been riding my SS 29'er so much I forgot how much fun this bike is.

I ride a Swarf
    Quote Originally Posted by AKD View Post
    You can change parts on the bike, but you can't change geometry. I put a new drivetrain, tire set, and shock into a 2008 stumpjumper, but regretted it the moment I put a leg over an Ibis.
    maybe true for the parts you changed but changing the stem and bar lengths does make a huge difference to how a bike rides.
    What exactly is a rigid hard tail?

AKD
    Temporarily flatlanded
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart B View Post
    maybe true for the parts you changed but changing the stem and bar lengths does make a huge difference to how a bike rides.
    I agree with that. I guess what I was trying to say was that you can't change how the bike really "rides" through the suspension. I don't think there was much that could be done to stop the stumpy from squatting on the uphill (even with lockout). VPP and DW link are miles and miles ahead of the Specialized FSR with a vertical shock.

The Original Suspect
    I wasn't trying to suggest that new parts would actually change suspension ride characteristics. I was just trying to share some stoke over re-discovering a bike I liked in the first place but hadn't ridden much recently. I certainly wasn't trying to insight an argument over the different types of suspension and their merits or lack thereof.

Ohh Gnarly!!
    I'm in the same boat, Hitmen. Been riding my SS 29er a lot more than my 26" Camber, until I went from the 2.0 Captains to a 2.4 Chunky Monkey and 2.25 Smorgasbord. Now it's hard to decide which bike to take out. The bigger tires really make the Camber work for me, feels so much more stable and comfortable...I'm stoked

All I need are some tasty trails, cool bike, and I'm fine.