Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Here's a list of 9 foods with more of a potassium punch than a banana - most without the sugar associated:
    Top 10 Foods Highest in Potassium

Magnesium tends to calm muscle spasms as well so here's a list of foods rich in both K and Mg
    Foods highest in Potassium and Magnesium and Calcium, and lowest in Sodium

Spinach, avocado, and yogurt work well in post ride smoothies. Add dates to sweeten since they're loaded with potassium as well. Add hemp protein if you're needing the added protein kick.

The leafy greens have a lot of B vitamins in them as well which always make me wake up feeling more refreshed.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    I used to get tired after a morning ride...get home and shower and for the rest of the day...I felt like a log. Evening rides...I had a hard time sleeping all night long. That started about a year and half ago...before then could ride for hours and shower and off to zzz land I went.

How is your stress level? Any issues with depression? That was my kicker. A ton of stress at work and at home was causing my insomnia issues.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

see me rollin, they hatin
    i think you forgot to masturbate in between.
    i find super late exercise can go both ways. unfortunately i get a second wind around 10pm and i want to ride my bike. when it comes to exercise, use it or lose it. if that urge comes at 11pm, dont waste it!~
    fap

Tactical Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    if that urge comes at 11pm, dont waste it!~
    The urge to masterbate, or ride your bike? Or both? Sorry, needed clarification. I mean, your sig is "fap", after all.

- "The true object of all human life is play" - GK Chesterton
    - 2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    - Team Dirt - Build It. Ride It.

see me rollin, they hatin
    i walked into a trap with that one, didnt I?!
    fap

psycho cyclo addict
    Occasionally I sleep poorly after a big ride which I attribute to being over tired I guess...

Other thing that's counterintuitive: I rarely sleep well the night before a race and on the oft chance I do sleep well I feel less energetic during the race.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Yep, I have this problem all the time. I always anticipate sleeping poorly (wake up like every hour) the night after a good ride. The 2nd night is usually the one that is good - first one always sucks.

I did a great ride yesterday and must have woken up like 6-7 times last night. I can't wait to hit the bed tonight.

UPDATE: Never mind, last night sucked too. Slept about 3 hours and then woke up every hour for the next 5 hours. Ughh.
    Last edited by steiny; 01-25-2013 at 02:36 PM.

Tactical Nightmare
    Do any of you get those dreams of ripping up the trail the night after a ride, where you slam yourself awake as you're railing a corner or hitting a jump? I do big time! I guess I just have so much fun that it carries over into dreamland. I'm certainly a better rider in my dreams!
    - "The true object of all human life is play" - GK Chesterton
    - 2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    - Team Dirt - Build It. Ride It.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OO7 View Post
    I Its much worse if I go for a night ride . . . anyone else notice this?
    Bottom line is I think you should consult with a neuropsychologist
    definite malingerer

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant Chachi View Post
    Do any of you get those dreams of ripping up the trail the night after a ride, where you slam yourself awake as you're railing a corner or hitting a jump? I do big time! I guess I just have so much fun that it carries over into dreamland. I'm certainly a better rider in my dreams!
    I dream more about ripping trail when I am at work.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2