Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Is not amused

... and if we just ... TRIKE DRIFTING....Recklessly

Hmm looks fun to me.

Yip yip yip nope nope nope

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I saw some of these trike guys shuttling a road climb I do. It would have been cool if they hadn't burned out, shot diesel exhaust while laughing at me while I was climbing. F@ckin' d/cks.

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    I saw some of these trike guys shuttling a road climb I do. It would have been cool if they hadn't burned out, shot diesel exhaust while laughing at me while I was climbing. F@ckin' d/cks.
    That's pretty lame they did that. It would have been funny if they blew up their motor and you passed them lol.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    That's pretty lame they did that. It would have been funny if they blew up their motor and you passed them lol.
    Those trikes have no motor the gas fumes would have been from the vehicle "towing" them up the hill.
    This hobby seems to be progressing since the thread about it TWO months ago. They have since installed different rear wheels. I would think for easier drifting. It won't be long before we start hearing of "drifting trike goes head on with car" the car wins, video at 11:00.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^^^Rock Garden

AZ
    banned
    I particularly like the organ donors with bare feet and no helmets.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    The dude with no shoes is going to end up losing a foot one of these days.

On another note, I have a spare bmx frame and a buttload of spare bmx parts. Im tempted to get my buddy whos a welder to help me make one of these.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX
    Pure XCR Wheelset/Geax Saguaro Tires/Tubeless
    Bike Weight Lost: 2.48lbs (1124g)

Is not amused
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE, View Post
    Those trikes have no motor the gas fumes would have been from the vehicle "towing" them up the hill.
    This hobby seems to be progressing since the thread about it TWO months ago. They have since installed different rear wheels. I would think for easier drifting. It won't be long before we start hearing of "drifting trike goes head on with car" the car wins, video at 11:00.
    Yeah, that's what I meant by motor and I was waiting for a head on. Crazy Kiwis.

see me rollin, they hatin
    yeah....the dude with the bare feet....eventually he's going to leave a stripe of blood from his heel all the way down that road

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    yeah....the dude with the bare feet....eventually he's going to leave a stripe of blood from his heel all the way down that road
    He'll be lucky if thats all it does and doesnt just fold his leg up underneath that thing.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    He'll be lucky if thats all it does and doesnt just fold his leg up underneath that thing.
    Or jam a leg into a curb. What gets me is when you are drifting you have little to no steering to avoid a collision. "Man that ride was sick brah till I planted my face into the grill of that Honda.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thats why most car drifters do it on closed courses. Losing control and hitting a curb I can deal with, but purposely not wearing safety gear just makes you an idiot.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

Is not amused
    I definitely agree with what everyone is posting about the open road, no helmets, no shoes lol. Sorry if this upset some of you as it wasn't meaning to. It does look fun to do on a closed course and for that it was shared.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Not upset, just bored at work and nothing better to do than comment on the stupidty of others. Of course if you believe Darwin, Eventually it'll work itself out lol.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch3637 View Post
    I definitely agree with what everyone is posting about the open road, no helmets, no shoes lol. Sorry if this upset some of you as it wasn't meaning to. It does look fun to do on a closed course and for that it was shared.
    I don't this it upset anyone other than the soccer mom, hauling her kids in her mini van,that ends up creaming one of these dudes.
    But really this reminds me of shifter karts (go carts) a blast to do but very few places to do it.
    A closed course with gear and count me in. Too much of a hassle to get a hill closed for this. Same as the guys that Luge nowhere to go.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    These remind me of the little 50cc two stroke mini sportbikes that were so popular some years ago. My firefighter friend said he spent many hours scraping up dead bodies from those things. I can only imagine these won't be any different. I guess I really don't care, as long as they don't make me crash.

Front Range, Colorado
    These remind me of the little 50cc two stroke mini sportbikes that were so popular some years ago. My firefighter friend said he spent many hours scraping up dead bodies from those things. I can only imagine these won't be any different. I guess I really don't care, as long as they don't make me crash.
    Yep! I remember they called those "Pocket Rockets". Not to be mistaken for a meaning of something else BTW.
    --------- __o
    ------- _`\<,_
    ------ (*)/ (*)

mtbr member
    My firefighter friend said he spent many hours scraping up dead bodies from those things.
    Those things are still huge here in Euroland, they figured out that you can race them on kart and mx tracks. Imagine twenty grown men on clown bikes pretending to be Casey Stoner, every bit as marvellous as it sounds...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    A friend of mine commented that the video reminds him of Mario Kart in more than one way. I can't but agree. I'd rather see them riding with less people and cars around but other than that, great video.

As to protective gear, I can't help feeling it's their right to choose to be stupid as long as it only affects their own safety.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by svalgis View Post
    A friend of mine commented that the video reminds him of Mario Kart in more than one way. I can't but agree. I'd rather see them riding with less people and cars around but other than that, great video.

As to protective gear, I can't help feeling it's their right to choose to be stupid as long as it only affects their own safety.
    except for when the ones without health insurance get their medical bills payed by my taxes. Theres choices within reason then theres blatant stupidity. I really honestly dont care what they do, im just saying that dumbshit is going to lose a foot. If youre going downhill on one of those things without shoes, you might as well take a belt sander to them.

Btw, if someones stupid enough to do the latter, please take the sander to your scrotum so we dont have to deal with further generations of your stupidity.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    that looks like a ton of fun! i don't think i'd try the no shoes though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    except for when the ones without health insurance get their medical bills payed by my taxes
    I don't know the status of any of the riders' medical insurance so I'm not gonna speculate. Overall though I'd say there are quite a few things that make me more irritated about my "tax money being wasted" than one guy riding trike without shoes (most of those things don't even result in decent youtube videos), so I'm not all that concerned with that aspect of it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Looks like a blast to me. Of course I'd wear a little more protective gear but it looks like a lot of fun.
    2007 Cdale Caffeine 29er Lefty.
    "Your not going to shove you're proper grammer down are throats!!"

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by svalgis View Post
    I don't know the status of any of the riders' medical insurance so I'm not gonna speculate. Overall though I'd say there are quite a few things that make me more irritated about my "tax money being wasted" than one guy riding trike without shoes (most of those things don't even result in decent youtube videos), so I'm not all that concerned with that aspect of it.
    I complain about all aspects of my money being wasted. Just ask my wife.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    Those things are still huge here in Euroland, they figured out that you can race them on kart and mx tracks. Imagine twenty grown men on clown bikes pretending to be Casey Stoner, every bit as marvellous as it sounds...
    Yes, they're popular here, too, on the kart tracks. People were into them, big time. It was funny to see powerful 450 SuperMotos hit the track, and then mini-bikes going "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" just a few races afterward.

I used to race a 50cc Derbi.

Name:  DSC00066.jpg
Views: 1107
Size:  38.8 KB

TRIKE DRIFTING....Recklessly-derbi.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    ^That looks fun. I dont think id hurt myself near as fast as I have on a pocketbike. We got the bright idea to do time trials around a sonic one night. I t-boned an explorer. Needless to say the explorer won.
    2010 Giant Yukon FX

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast