Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by broncbuster View Post
    On a steel horse I ride... actually was an Ironhorse
    I always thought those lyrics meant heís riding off on a Harley. Years later it finally dawned on me it was referencing tour bus. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mileslong View Post
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Reminds me of this..

Name:  2dayn28.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  121.8 KB

Beer Please! SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    I don't know, any sensible horse would get spooked if they heard what they thought was a cow barreling down a mountain towards them @30mph.
    now you are assuming that the horse thought the noise was a rampaging cow..... that escalated quickly.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    now you are assuming that the horse thought the noise was a rampaging cow..... that escalated quickly.
    Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.
    I passionately remove rocks and corners and other stuff I find too hard to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post

Escalated? Are you joking? Because I sure was.

cjsb is flying down a mountain at warp speed with a cowbell clanging madly, blocked from the horse's view by a rise, horse thinks it's some crazy super cow coming at it......... ok so maybe not a very good joke.
    I brake for stinkbugs

mtbr member
    I'm telling you, fellas -- you're gonna want that cowbell on the track. Babies.. before we're done here.. y'all be wearing gold-plated diapers.

Beer Please! SuperModerator
    I was joking, hence the reason I used that term, perhaps I should of just posted this instead... ;-)

Name:  That Escalated Quickly.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  10.1 KB
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Know these before you post:
    MTBR Posting Guidelines
    e-bike sub-forum rules

cjsb is flying down a mountain at warp speed with a cowbell clanging madly, blocked from the horse's view by a rise, horse thinks it's some crazy super cow coming at it......... ok so maybe not a very good joke.
    I laughed without an explanation, but then again Iím a Seinfeld / Far Side fan.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Where I've been riding there are signs that say "dogs must be leashed" yet nobody does it. Had a few wipeouts due to some dog that came flying out in front with not even a "you ok?" from the owners.

Then there are bikers who just think they rule the trail, descending directly at you while your trying to huff and puff up hill, and those that couldn't even be bothered to say thanks or hi, morning or thanks when you get off your bike and out of their way up hill.

I was once even told by one guy that I shouldn't go down a trail cause his buddy was on it, so I waited, and waited 20 mins go by and the guy goes to check on his buddy and never shows up again.

There used to be a time when anyone who was around another person doing the same sport was hospitable and nice, now it's just like being on the highway in a car surrounded by more a$$hats who think that their uber expensive bike grants them a pass to be a dink to everyone else on the trail.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I ran over a dog (leg) last week. Was riding on the right side of a wide fire-road type trail on the return. "Trail" is around 10 feet wide, it's an access road for powerlines that has evolved into a popular out-n-back route. Two riders were going the opposite way on the left. Normal traffic. At the last second, a dog shoots out from the underbrush on the right (my) side to cross over to the left to join the two people. There was nothing i could do and I ran right into it and ran over it's leg. Big lab. Felt bad for the dog because the humans were such idiots.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by madswede View Post
    Where I've been riding there are signs that say "dogs must be leashed" yet nobody does it. Had a few wipeouts due to some dog that came flying out in front with not even a "you ok?" from the owners.

Then there are bikers who just think they rule the trail, descending directly at you while your trying to huff and puff up hill, and those that couldn't even be bothered to say thanks or hi, morning or thanks when you get off your bike and out of their way up hill.

I was once even told by one guy that I shouldn't go down a trail cause his buddy was on it, so I waited, and waited 20 mins go by and the guy goes to check on his buddy and never shows up again.

There used to be a time when anyone who was around another person doing the same sport was hospitable and nice, now it's just like being on the highway in a car surrounded by more a$$hats who think that their uber expensive bike grants them a pass to be a dink to everyone else on the trail.
    In my experience, there are many nice, thoughtful people out there. But it's the jerks we remember the most. And there's no shortage of them, to be sure. In my dotage I'm unfailingly courteous on the trails, but in my younger days I remember forgetting my manners s couple of times.

MTBers are disproportionately young males oozing testosterone , well - we all know how they can be at times.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air View Post
    In my experience, there are many nice, thoughtful people out there. But it's the jerks we remember the most. And there's no shortage of them, to be sure. In my dotage I'm unfailingly courteous on the trails, but in my younger days I remember forgetting my manners s couple of times.

MTBers are disproportionately young males oozing testosterone , well - we all know how they can be at times.
    Yeah, I'm getting used to getting either run off the trail heading up hill by someone flying down, or having a dog jump out randomly at me. Funny part was that I ran into the same a$$hat again on another trail on the same day and was heading up hill when he was coming down, I got off my bike as he had no intention of stopping and I bowed, and said "pardon me my leige".

It's hard to not let the rest of the ride get ruined by people like that but it seems that where I bike, it is pretty common.

Probably time to either find a new place to ride or find a different hobby.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Yeah, I'm getting used to getting either run off the trail heading up hill by someone flying down, or having a dog jump out randomly at me. Funny part was that I ran into the same a$$hat again on another trail on the same day and was heading up hill when he was coming down, I got off my bike as he had no intention of stopping and I bowed, and said "pardon me my leige".

It's hard to not let the rest of the ride get ruined by people like that but it seems that where I bike, it is pretty common.

Maybe you should get the F out of my way?

Seriously, this is not an issue on my local trails much. Lots of trails, many, especially my favourites are directional, either signed or in practice. Even though it's a very popular mtb spot, we didn't see many riders today, and none going the opposite direction we were.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Maybe you should get the F out of my way?

Seriously, this is not an issue on my local trails much. Lots of trails, many, especially my favourites are directional, either signed or in practice. Even though it's a very popular mtb spot, we didn't see many riders today, and none going the opposite direction we were.
    That's good to hear because I am coming your way soon. Armed with my brand new bike. And money in hand to buy you beers for letting me in on the local treasures...

Good to know I am not going to get mowed down on the ups.

Elitest thrill junkie

800mm bars help...just sayin...
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member

I hear ya. A bunch of just started a wrestling club in my garage. No major injuries so far except for a punctured spleen a missing ear lobe. You should join us.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    That's good to hear because I am coming your way soon. Armed with my brand new bike. And money in hand to buy you beers for letting me in on the local treasures...

Good to know I am not going to get mowed down on the ups.
    Ooh, what did you get Mike?
    Riding Washington State singletrack since 1986

Quote Originally Posted by Curveball View Post
    Ooh, what did you get Mike?
    Youíre going to have that surprised look on your face.
    Name:  32F0CEB3-D9C4-4265-BC46-2A4307EAE35E.jpeg
Views: 46
Size:  8.6 KB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123