mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Which Topeak Morph to get?

I need a mini or frame pump. I like the design of the Topeak Morph's and the seem to get good reviews. There are several Morphs.

Which one should I get?
    Any better options out there?

http://www.topeak.com/products/Mini-...f7utd248jqogt2

mtbr member
    The mountain morph will fit in most camelbaks no problem. I have one and it works great.
    :wq

T.W.O.
    I went with the Road morph G. If the Turbo Morph was available, I'd get that.

My logic is the short one is almost useless, takes a long time to inflate not to mention beading the tires to the rim, in the middle of the trail. Big pump is easier and faster to bead, very little effort get you back on the trail so quickly and not get any arm pump too .

As far as storage are concern all of them is about a foot and change. it's going to be long anyways what's 1" extra. it's almost the same price.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    So I guess I can measure my bike tubes but will these attach to my frame or do I have to carry it in my hydration pack.

T.W.O.
    Carry in your pack is best, I hate attaching any thing on my bike tube. It gets dirty and you gotta to clean them all the time.

It may feel bulky at first but wait til you have to use them, then all of the annoyance would be gone.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Mountain morph is the last pump you'll need for a LONG time, and it fills tires pretty fast (as it's kind of a mini floor-pump that folds up). I finally broke my mtn morph of 6 or more years because I fell on it during a pretty extreme crash. It was pretty strong though, enough to screw up my back when I fell on it. It fits easily in any camelback I've ever used, and although it is a little bigger, it's well worth it, simple, and pumps a lot of air. All of my friends always want to use it when they get a flat on the trail, and I usually want to offer after watching them screw around with those barely-adequate mini-pumps that take 3 days to fill a tire.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I have the Turbo Morph G, which is simply the Mountain Morph with a digital gauge. Jayem's description is perfect. If anyone in your group flats, the mtn morph pump will be the pump that is used.

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by wheatgerm
    I have the Turbo Morph G, which is simply the Mountain Morph with a digital gauge. Jayem's description is perfect. If anyone in your group flats, the mtn morph pump will be the pump that is used.

Actually, it's encourage if you own one to just take them out and help other fellow rider in your group fix the flat, and just watch them in awe. This stuff really work. I'm aching to get the Turbo morph G because it's the closest thing to floor pump.

turtles make me hot
    Mountain Morph without the built in guage. If the guage breaks off, the pump is useless.
    I like turtles

Semi-Hairless Sasquatch
    I've got the Road Morph. Fits in my MULE just fine and has no problems getting up to 100 psi for my road bike. Gauge is really hard to read, but I wound up picking up one of their dedicated digital gauges that I'll bring along if I feel like playing w/ air pressure a lot.

I definitely prefer and use the floor pump for pre-ride top offs and tire changes.

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    either mtn morph is good, I believe the road morph is high pressure vs high volume in the mtn. for mtn bike tires you want high volume. skip the gauge if you want, the mtn morph is 3 pumps to a lb, so its easy to figure out.
    I just switched to the lezyne micro floor drive HV, no good reason to switch other than looks, both work equally well
    Attached Images Attached Images  

T.W.O.
    Quote Originally Posted by dan0
    either mtn morph is good, I believe the road morph is high pressure vs high volume in the mtn. for mtn bike tires you want high volume. skip the gauge if you want, the mtn morph is 3 pumps to a lb, so its easy to figure out.
    I just switched to the lezyne micro floor drive HV, no good reason to switch other than looks, both work equally well

That's a slick looking pump.