mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Topeak Mini Master Blaster missing part?

Hello again guys, sorry for all the questions I've asked recently. Well anyway, today I got all my accessories, one of which is the Topeak Mini Master Blaster pump. I ordered 2 Presta slime tubes as spares for my bike. However I have no idea how to get the pump to fit the valve, it shows on the box an example of a Presta valve and a Schrader valve, however it shows two little fittings on the box that I didn't receive. It's the fitting that you switch from presta to schrader vise versa. I looked in Topeak case and the shipped box and didn't see anything, am I missing a part, or am I just a noobie lol. I tryed just inserting the valve into the pmps little holes but that dont seem to work. What gives?

Made in Canada
    In have an older version of this pump. On the older version, the head of the pump had a grey plastic ring that screwed off which gave access to the valve internals. There was black rubber piece that popped out with the valve inside (pinkish) that you take out, invert and place the rubber piece back in inverted. Then screw the grey cap back on and viola you have a presta pump.
    STOLEN: '07 Banshee Viento - See Eastern Canada Forum for Pictures. If anyone sees it contact me ASAP!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tpm7
    In have an older version of this pump. On the older version, the head of the pump had a grey plastic ring that screwed off which gave access to the valve internals. There was black rubber piece that popped out with the valve inside (pinkish) that you take out, invert and place the rubber piece back in inverted. Then screw the grey cap back on and viola you have a presta pump.
    Ah ha! I see the black ring, how the hell do you get it out? That thing is in there.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    ah nevermind I got er to pump up some. hmm is there a way to release air in the presta valve? lol

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    yea, just push the stem down