mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Topeak JoeBlow Pro vs Turbo

Anyone know the differences between the two pump? Pro has a long hose and aluminum base while Turbo has a short hose??? and a steel base.

Is that the only differences between the two?

I'm shopping around for a good floor pump and decided on Topeak based upon the reviews I've read on Amazon.

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Topeak makes the WORST pumps!! We have a couple around the shop and they are always needing attention.

I have owned a serfas fp-200 for 3 or 4 years and it has never failed.

Bro
    Where I do my thinking
    Figger I'd put some input!

I've got a Lezyne Steel Floor Drive. It's a lot cheaper than the Joeblows if I remember correctly (I got it for $50 at REI.) So far it works great. I love it almost as much as my bikes, that's how nice it is.

In general, I'd go for the longer hose and chamber. It gives you more options. With a longer chamber you can still fill mtb tires plenty easy, but you can also go up to road tire pressures for your inner roadie. Supposedly my Lezyne pushes enough pressure to seat the bead on tubeless tires. I don't ride tubeless, and I'm not riding the mtb right now, so I wouldn't personally know.
    I've made some bad decisions like taking the gears off my bike. So here's the warning: Do not as I say, nor as I do.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by somemechanic
    Topeak makes the WORST pumps!! We have a couple around the shop and they are always needing attention.

I have owned a serfas fp-200 for 3 or 4 years and it has never failed.
    My Topeak pumps have been totally reliable in 10-ish years of constant use. Replaced only when lost and when I wanted a high volume version (JB Mountain).
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    My Joe Blow is definitely over 10 years old and has worked perfect with zero maintenance. At least two of my local shops use the Joe Blow as their pump. The only pumps I would even consider buying would be another Topeak or a Lezyne.

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by limba
    My Joe Blow is definitely over 10 years old and has worked perfect with zero maintenance. At least two of my local shops use the Joe Blow as their pump. The only pumps I would even consider buying would be another Topeak or a Lezyne.
    Mine has been perfect over many years as well.

Information on the trails at New Hogan Lake, Calaveras County, CA.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Thanks everyone! Just order myself a Topeak JoeBlow Pro and Topeak PocketShock for my rear shock.

I saw Serfas Mini Pump MP-2N1 that works as a tire pump and a shock pump but couldn't find much info/reviews on this pump so I went for the Topeak shock pump instead.

mtbr member
    My JoeBlow is 8 years old and still going strong.
    "A full rigid SS or fixie is 99% rider, 1% bike, and 100% more fun" Monogod

newless cluebie
    Sep 2009
    JoeBlow, 5 years, no problems. I should break it down for some maintenance sometime.
    My Trifecta: Rocky Mountain Flatline Pro, Rocky Mountain Slayer SXC70, eBay Carbon Hardtail