_
    Mar 2004

Titec Ithys Gove Ti Saddle, anyone here use?

I wasnt exactly sure of where to post this, so I thought I'd give General Discussion a go.

I'm in the market for a new saddle for my 05 Gary Fisher Rig 29er s/s and it currently has a San Marco on it (not sure exact model, i bought the bike used), which is pretty comfortable, but I cant get the squeaks to disappear. I saw PricePoint had the Titec Ithys Gove for $45.00 and it seems like a pretty decent deal, has ti rails and weighs in at 205g.

I did check the product review sections, but many of the reviews were old so Im wondering if any of you guys out there are using this saddle. If so, please give me some feedback. About me, Im 5'8 and am about 185 with gear, in other words I have a stocky frame and my arse is far from boney.

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by bdee
    I wasnt exactly sure of where to post this, so I thought I'd give General Discussion a go.

I'm in the market for a new saddle for my 05 Gary Fisher Rig 29er s/s and it currently has a San Marco on it (not sure exact model, i bought the bike used), which is pretty comfortable, but I cant get the squeaks to disappear. I saw PricePoint had the Titec Ithys Gove for $45.00 and it seems like a pretty decent deal, has ti rails and weighs in at 205g.

I did check the product review sections, but many of the reviews were old so Im wondering if any of you guys out there are using this saddle. If so, please give me some feedback. About me, Im 5'8 and am about 185 with gear, in other words I have a stocky frame and my arse is far from boney.
    Unfortunately, Titec doesn't make the Gove any more - so any still for sale are inventory clearance items and are about half the price as they sold for a couple of years ago. I ride on one and love it. Lightweight saddle that is a great XC race saddle. Not much padding, but what lightweight race saddle does have a lot of padding?

I love mine because it actually seems to fit the shape of my arse better than most and in spite of not having lots of padding - I don't feel beat up down there at the end of a ride. Bought it in 2004 and have taken good care of the leather so it is still in tip top shape going into this upcoming season.

BB

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I like mine as well. Had it about a year.

A Real Winner.
    I used to have a Titec Ithys, and thought it was the least comfortable saddle on the planet. To each his own with saddles though. Me personally, I love the WTB Pure V.
    www.cycletofitness.com It's only a super-awesome website for a super-awesome store. Just click it. I dare you.

NMBP
    I have been using them for 5 or 6 years. Got my last one off of ebay. NOS, and was only $35.00. I hate trying new saddles. It is a very personal item, and expensive to try out a bunch. Saddles are like shoes. As soon as you find one you like, they quit making it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

it is a very firm, and narrow saddle...

had one for a while, but prefer wider saddles with more "give" either from the rails or the padding. See if your lbs has that Specialized "ass gauge." You sit on it, and it tells you how far apart your sit bones are. Then you go find a saddle that supports sit bones of that width. I love the WTB Power V or the Pure V- 2 of the wider saddles out, at 150mm. The Titec is about 130mm- thats a big difference, where it counts...

Nat
    Solo contendre
    I'm using the Ithys Gove saddle. I like it.