mtbr member

Titec Hellbent XC bar positioning

Who has this handlebar and how did you position it? I got the 31.8mm w/ 1" rise and I can't figure out if the bend is the rise or the sweep??

The pic below shows how I used to have it where the lines with "0", "+", "-" markings are facing front, and the red "Titec" and "Hellbent" logo facing down towards the ground. It looks like it has more than 1" rise this way so I turned the bar such that the lines are now on top, the red logos facing front, and the white logos facing towards the saddle. Feels and looks better this way but I'm still confused and needs to know the correct way.

Start slow and taper off
    Feb 2004

There's no wrong way really

I run mine pretty similar. Ride it the way it feels most comfortable.
    My Artwork

Hard words break no bones, fine words butter no parsnips.

Gangsta Rappin' Pirate
    Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I was just wondering how ya'll like the Hellbent bar so far? I've been eyeing it up for some time now as my stock bar is a bit bent, the Hellbent seems like a great bargain, plus new stuff is always fun. Anyway, very nice looking setup ya got there extrafunky.
    -Big Ben
    Trek VRX Big GREEN MONSTER

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I think the Titec Hellbent bars are some of the most underrated bars around. I have a Hellbent Flat Tracker and a Hellbent XC. For me, they have been reasonably light, stiff and reliable, which is pretty much the most you can ask out of any bar. Do want to be careful with some of the graphics, though, since they are scratchable.

Start slow and taper off
    Feb 2004

Can't go wrong with em

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo
    Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but I was just wondering how ya'll like the Hellbent bar so far? I've been eyeing it up for some time now as my stock bar is a bit bent, the Hellbent seems like a great bargain, plus new stuff is always fun. Anyway, very nice looking setup ya got there extrafunky.
    I have last years bar, and just ordered a new 31.8 version for another bike. I like them cause they're a tad wider than my flat bars (which I have on another bike with bar ends), offer just a bit of rise, are reasonably light, strong, and cost effective.

I mainly bought them because of the rise, though. I wanted something just a bit more than a flat bar but much less than a normal rise bar, and no one (at the time) offered anything of a similar rise, except easton in carbon, and they were too pricey for what I needed.
    My Artwork

Hard words break no bones, fine words butter no parsnips.

I love Pisgah
    Agree. One of my favorite bars.

My prized titanium version(Hellion-bought on sale at Cambria for $49 from $149 retail a couple yrs back) thats no longer in production(WTF?). Cut down to 24".
    Funny, from that pic at a glance...those grips are now gone, same for the fork, saddle, post, wheels. Same bars on the ride tho. Sorta heavy tho at aprox 200gms after cutting them down. Heavy compared to my MX5 riser.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo
    I just got mine very recently and had about 3 rides on it and so far I'm loving it. I was looking for a 31.8, low rise handlebar and it's the only one I found. Plus it's inexpensive (about $25) and reasonably light.

Btw, here's how I have it setup now, with the red logo in front. It's almost flat with a nice back-sweep.