mtbr member
    Jun 2014

Tire pump, low pressure-high resolution

Hi!

im looking for suggestions on a nice standup, full sized tire pump. My ktm requires 13ish psi and my Bronson requires 28ish psi.. Who makes a pump nice pump that's tailored to lower pressures? Most are 120+, killing the <1psi resolution I'm looking for. Thanks in advance!!

Josh

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by josh8811 View Post
    Hi!

im looking for suggestions on a nice standup, full sized tire pump. My ktm requires 13ish psi and my Bronson requires 28ish psi.. Who makes a pump nice pump that's tailored to lower pressures? Most are 120+, killing the <1psi resolution I'm looking for. Thanks in advance!!

Josh
    The gauges on the pumps aren't the best for accuracy. I would pick out the pump you want and get a good gauge to go with it.

Love my old Silca pump.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have the Lezyne classic dirt floor drive pump which works great for mountain bike tires. Amazon.com : Lezyne Classic Dirt Floor Drive Pump (Black) : Floor Bike Pumps : Sports & Outdoors

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Perfect! The Lezyne is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks!

Keep on Rockin...
    Quote Originally Posted by walangkatapat View Post
    I have the Lezyne classic dirt floor drive pump which works great for mountain bike tires. Amazon.com : Lezyne Classic Dirt Floor Drive Pump (Black) : Floor Bike Pumps : Sports & Outdoors

Yep. That will likely be my next pump. The gauge supposedly is large, and set for low pressures.

With that said, I have a Topeak digital tire gauge and it works really well.

mtbr member
    Hercules Air Ace. Digital. Works great on fat bike tires down to a couple pounds. It does eat a lot of batteries though and it's very expensive. It is extremely accurate too.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  17.6 KB

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    I guess he's right. The gauges on your pump isn't that accurate. You better buy a new one. If you're looking for a decent one you can take a look at amazon. There is an ample number of tire gauge producer there like Michelin, Accutire, Longacre and Mountain Crest Products Premium Tire Gauge. As for me, I've used two of these products before. First is Michelin then followed by Mountain Crest Tire Gauge.

turtles make me hot
    I use a Topeak Joe Blow Mountain or something like that. It's got a big fat barrel. I seat tubeless fat tires with it.
    I've also been known to inflate a tire on my Suburban with it in an emergency.
    I like turtles